Surprise your guests with a plate of chicken wonton cups for a unique snack that’s out-of-this-world delicious!
Baked wonton cups are filled with diced chicken, mango chutney, and peanut butter mixed in a curry sauce.
They’re perfect as a quick snack or a last-minute appetizer when the big game is on!
A Crispy Delight!
- Chicken wonton cups are bite-sized, but they’re full of bold, exotic flavors!
- Wonton wrappers are ready-made for all kinds of quick and easy appetizer recipes, even delicious dessert recipes! Buy them on sale and freeze them until ready to use!
- Make and take portable chicken wonton cups as easy hand-held bites that everyone will enjoy!
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT: Use leftover chicken or a store bought rotisserie chicken to make things quick! Chicken, turkey, ground beef or sausage, or even shrimp or crab can be used in this recipe. Or make them meatless and use chick peas, tofu, or even scrambled eggs.
FILLING: Mango chutney is commonly found in supermarkets, but you can use peach or apricot preserves instead. Peanut butter, curry seasoning, and a dash of lime juice balance out the flavors for the perfect bite! Yogurt can be replaced with sour cream or, for a thicker filling, cream cheese. Crunchy peanut butter adds some nice texture, but if you’ve only got smooth PB on hand, add some chopped peanuts, or any chopped nut!
Recipe Variations: Make wonton cups to suit the theme of your menu!
- Mexican: Taco meat, diced jalapenos, corn, sliced black olives, and shredded Monterey Jack or crumbled Cotija cheese makes a great Tex-Mex version. Or jalapeno popper-style with just chopped jalapenos mixed into cream cheese.
- Asian: Shrimp or crabmeat mixed with cream cheese, sliced green onions, and chopped water chestnuts.
- Thai: Seasoned ground pork, diced mushrooms, sliced green onions, roasted peanuts, and Sriracha sauce.
- Buffalo: Shredded chicken and cream cheese mixed with buffalo sauce. Top with thinly sliced celery and blue cheese crumbles.
- Vegetarian: Scrambled eggs or tofu, chopped spinach or kale, diced bell peppers, sliced black olives, and crumbled feta cheese on top. Or leftover cowboy caviar or corn salad topped with crumbled feta is delicious too!
How To Make Chicken Wonton Cups
- Cut wonton wrappers into quarters and bake (as directed in the recipe below).
- Bake, cool, and cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except chives) and fold in the chicken.
- Scoop chicken filling into wonton cups and garnish with chives.
Quick Tips and Tricks!
- Wonton cups are budget-friendly! Use up leftover meat, veggies, cheese, and seasonings to create new appetizer for pennies!
- Wonton cups can be baked a day or two ahead. They last best when wrapped in a paper towel then popped into a zip top bag or a Stasher Bag. They can be reheated briefly in the oven or air fryer to crisp them up if needed.
- Chicken wonton cups can be prepped in advance. Cover with plastic wrap or place into an air tight container and refrigerate until serving. Store extra wonton cups and chicken in separate containers to persevere the crunchiness of the wonton cups.
Other Easy Peasy Party Apps!
For something a little bit different, try making Air Fryer Pasta Chips served with Greek Yogurt Dip or Smoked Tomato Guacamole. Some Simple Sourdough Crackers and Easy Crostini taste great served with Hot Spinach Dip or Hot Artichoke Dip. And don’t forget to make a basket of crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus, or tasty Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower. An array of snacks like this ensures there is something for everyone!
Have you tried this Chicken Wonton Cups recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Chicken Wonton Cups
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut a stack of wonton wrappers into 4 squares. Brush one side with oil. Press one square into the bottom of each mini muffin well to form a cup. Bake for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from muffin tin and cool on a paper towel or cooling rack.
- Bake chicken breasts on a parchment-lined baking tray for about 50 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F and is just cooked. Or poach chicken in a frying pan with boiling water until just cooked to 165°F. Cool chicken and dice into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, chutney, peanut butter, lime juice, curry paste, and curry powder. Add chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of filling to each cup. Garnish with chives.
- *Nutrition is calculated without oil.
- 36 wrappers cut into 4 squares will make 144 wonton cups. Make up to a day in advance and serve at room temperature.
- Store leftover baked wrapper cups in a paper towel in a zip-top bag.
- Wonton cups are perfect for using up leftover meat, veggies, and cheese.
- Refrigerate any leftover chicken mixture in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!