For party appetizers with delight in every bite, try these crispy and savory Chicken Wonton Cups!
This is that one of those delish starter recipes that everyone wants a copy of. Chicken wonton cups are an easy and exotic-looking appetizer recipe that can be put together at the last minute for company or if a sudden party invite is extended! Make curry wonton cups with or without meat. They can be made just as mild or as spicy as the occasion calls for! Savory chutney, crunchy peanuts, and chunks of tender chicken make these wonton cups a real crowd pleaser!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Chicken Wonton Cups recipe to your APPETIZERS Board!
Curry Chicken Cups
- Fill these fun, mini-sized wrappers with any combination of sweet or savory ingredients!
- Can be served with all kinds of dips and dressings!
- Anything that can be baked into a wrapped wonton can also be baked like a cup into a greased muffin tin. So many easy options!
- Use up leftover meat and veggies or stock up on sale frozen veggies and create a new recipe!
Ingredients and Variations
PROTEIN: Chicken is the standard protein for this recipe, but ground beef, ground pork sausage, salmon, or shrimp, or even crumbled tofu works.
SAUCE: A jar of sweet mango chutney, some yogurt, and some savory peanut butter are mixed with Indian curry flavors. Switch out the yogurt for sour cream, and the chutney for apricot or peach preserves if desired.
MEXICAN: Make a Tex-Mex version with ground beef, chopped jalapenos, taco seasoning, and a shredded cheese topping. Or jalapeno popper-style with just chopped jalapenos mixed into cream cheese.
ASIAN: Fill wrappers with crab meat, cream cheese, and chopped water chestnuts. Top with sliced green onions.
THAI: Seasoned ground pork, chopped mushrooms, roasted peanuts, and Sriracha sauce.
VEGETARIAN: Scrambled eggs or tofu, chopped spinach, diced bell peppers sliced mushrooms. Top with Monterey jack cheese.
KANSAS CITY STYLE: Toss chopped chicken with buffalo sauce and add to wonton cups with thinly sliced celery. Top with grated carrots and a drizzle of bleu cheese dressing.
How to Make Wonton Cups
It’s super easy to make homemade wonton cups, with just a few easy steps anyone can do it!
- Place prepared wonton wrappers in greased cupcake tins. Bake per recipe below.
- Bake or poach chicken and chop into small pieces.
- Prepare the chutney filling in a bowl and stir in the cooled, chopped chicken.
- Scoop filling into the wonton cups and garnish with chives.
What To Serve With Wonton Cups!
For something a little bit different, try making these Air Fryer Pasta Chips served with Greek Yogurt Dip or Smoked Tomato Guacamole. Some Simple Sourdough Crackers taste great served with Hot Spinach Dip or Hot Artichoke Dip. And don’t forget to make a basket of crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus, or tasty Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower. An array of snacks like this ensures there is something for everyone!
Keep wonton cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the oven or air fryer until they’re crisp again.
Delicious Recipes With Wontons!
Chicken Wonton Cups
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut stack of wonton wrappers into 4 squares. Brush one side of the squares with oil. Using a mini muffin tin, press one square into the bottom of each mini muffin well to form a “cup.” Bake 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from muffin tin and cool (on paper towel or cooling rack).
- Bake chicken breasts on a parchment-lined baking tray for about 50-60 minutes, until chicken reaches 165°F and is just cooked, or poach chicken in a frying pan with a little water (until just cooked.) Cool chicken and dice chicken into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, chutney, peanut butter, lime juice, curry paste, and curry powder. Add chicken and mix through.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of filling to each cup. Garnish with chives.
Store leftover chicken mixture in a sealed container. Store baked wrapper cups wrapped in paper towel in a zip top bag.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.