Air fryer cauliflower is the delicious snack, appetizer, or side dish that is ideal for every keto or low carb diet!
Air fryer roasted cauliflower is made in minutes and ready for last-minute snack attacks. Replace those carb-heavy starches like French fries, gnocchi, or tater tots for these guilt-free healthy treats that are every bit as tasty and addictive. And for a snack or side that is simply to die for, serve roasted cauliflower with a creamy dip like Easy Greek Yogurt Dip or tasty Dillionaire Veggie Dip.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Cauliflower recipe to your SIDE DISH Board!
Crazy for Cauliflower
- Affordable, easy to prepare, and chock full of fiber and antioxidants, cauliflower is a veggie staple all year long.
- Super versatile, cauliflower can be served in so many different ways. It’s a classic vegetable reimagined as rice, pizza dough, and sometimes even breadsticks, so why not roast it in the air fryer to enjoy with just about any topping imaginable?
- Air-fried cauliflower comes out crispy on the outside and tender & creamy on the inside, making it perfect for dipping. It’s great with low carb Greek Tzatziki.
Ingredients and Variations
CAULIFLOWER: Look for whole heads that are heavy and clean. Broccoli can be used in this recipe, or roast a combination of cauliflower and broccoli. Even frozen cauliflower can be used! Simply add a few minutes to the cooking time.
SEASONINGS: Garlic, olive oil, and some seasonings make air fryer cauliflower an easy go-to. Try Jerk Seasoning, Italian Dressing Mix or toss cauliflower florets in the same Buffalo sauce you’d use for chicken wings or thighs.
BREADED: Make a low-carb breading by crushing pork rinds and mixing it with parmesan cheese. Add to a large zippered bag after the florets have been tossed in olive oil, and shake. Crispy, crunchy, delicious!
How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower
It’s fun to air fry all kinds of veggies that can be roasted. In no time at all this tasty side or appetizer is at the ready:
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place seasoned florets in a single layer in the preheated air fryer and cook (per recipe below).
- Don’t forget to shake the basket halfway through the cooking time.
What Goes with Roasted Cauliflower?
Air fryer roasted cauliflower goes great on top of a salad or tucked into a wrap! Serve it as an appetizer alongside some Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts, or some Air Fryer Broccoli. As a side dish, serve with BBQ Drumsticks, Smoked Baby Back Ribs, or a juicy Homemade Meatloaf.
Tips for Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
- Always start with a preheated air fryer. The heat immediately seals the outside of the food keeping the food inside juicy and tender.
- The key to perfectly crispy air-fried cauliflower pieces is not to crowd the pan so the air can freely circulate around each piece.
- Use pieces of the same size so they all cook at the same rate.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the air fryer and serve. Or cut up leftover pieces and add to a soup, a stir fry, or use to top a salad.
Air Fryer Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken – crispy, cruncy, and flavorful!
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts– healthy side dish.
- Air Fryer Green Beans – super tasty summertime side.
- Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Wontons – fun dessert recipe!
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe – tasty snack!
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus – deliciously crisp!
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower about 1 pound*, cut into large sized pieces (5-6 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt plus to taste for serving
- ¼-½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400F**.
- Clean and dry cauliflower and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder if using, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Add to the basket of the air fryer. Cook until tender, about 10-13 minutes***, shaking the basket after about 7 minutes, and again when checking the cauliflower at 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.