This recipe for air fryer carrots is a quick way to prepare these super veggies!
Tossed in just a little oil and salt and pepper, air fryer carrots become tender-crisp with a savory caramelized flavor! Carrots are healthy, budget-friendly, and delicious, and making them in the air fryer not only saves time but also saves on stove and oven space! Why heat up the whole kitchen just to make a simple side dish like roasted carrots? The air fryer is one cool solution!
Easy Air Fryer Carrots
- The air fryer is very useful and can be used to cook a variety of different dishes! It works great for broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips, potatoes, or corn.
- Since less oil is needed to cook food in an air fryer, it results in fewer fats and calories while still retaining the delicious flavor of the food.
- Dense, root veggies like carrots can be cooked to perfection in minutes in the air fryer and still have that deep, oven-roasted flavor.
- Carrots are highly nutritious and cooking them in the air fryer preserves their vitamins and antioxidants and especially their bright color! Kids love this air fryer carrot recipe!
- Make carrots in the air fryer for an everyday easy or holiday elegant side dish.
Ingredients and Variations
Carrots: Fresh carrots from the garden have a higher water content than store-bought so they cook in less time. Whole baby carrots or frozen sliced carrots will require a few minutes added to the cook time.
Seasonings: A little salt and pepper is all it takes to bring out the sweet flavor of air fryer carrots. Brush on a little honey or maple syrup for extra caramelization. Instead of olive oil, use leftover bacon grease for a smoky flavor or use this herb-infused olive oil.
How to Cook Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Prepare carrots per the recipe directions below.
- Place seasoned carrots in the air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes, tossing after 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate air fryer carrots in a covered container for about 3 days, and freeze in zippered bags for up to one month.
- Reheat carrots in the air fryer thawed or from frozen until warmed.
- Add leftover carrots to vegetable soup, garden salsa, turkey noodle soup, or a sheet-pan shrimp dinner. Or, puree leftovers and add them to a mixed berry smoothie.
Air Fryer Carrots
- 8-12 carrots
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash, peel, and cut ends off carrots. Cut carrots in half lengthwise.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add carrots, oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Add carrots to the basket of the air fryer, spacing out evenly.
- Set temperature to 400˚F and cook for 11-12 minutes, tossing after 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Place cooled air fryer carrots in a container that seals or can be covered with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 3 days and freeze in zippered bags for up to one month.
- Carrots can be reheated in the air fryer from frozen or thawed state until warmed through.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!