Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts come out crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
This air fryer Brussels sprouts recipe is coated with a savory balsamic glaze that makes them an elegant side dish or low carb entrée. Serve these on top of a bed of greens with a Greek salad dressing as a vinaigrette. You’ll never cook Brussel sprouts the same way again!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe to your SIDES Board!
Why We Love This Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Roasted Brussel sprouts in the air fryer make for the perfect appetizer or side dish! They are so yummy, you’ll want to make them all the time! Brussel sprouts are a low-carb dieter’s delight, packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber and they have a mild flavor similar to cabbage which makes them a perfect side for any entrée! We like to serve them with a healthy smoked salmon, or with a juicy pork loin roast with pears. Round out your meal with a crispy red leaf salad with lemon vinaigrette. Now you can enjoy delicious veggies and still stay on your keto plan!
Ingredients and Variations
BRUSSELS SPROUTS – Brussel sprouts are a super food, loaded with antioxidants and other healthy nutrients. Plus they are savory and crispy when cooked in the air fryer.
OIL & VINEGAR – We took fresh Brussel sprouts and drizzled them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This combination creates a tasty balsamic glaze when air fried.
SEASONINGS – Seasoned with garlic powder and salt and pepper, it let’s the chef decide on other flavors, without ruining the flavor profile. Also delish served as-is!
VARIATIONS – For an extra bacon-y flavor, toss them in melted bacon grease, and add some bacon crumbles. Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or even toasted sunflower seeds! As an appetizer, serve them alongside some creamy dill dressing for dipping!
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts
Our Brussel sprouts air fryer recipe is practically foolproof! Choose Brussel sprouts that are bright green and heavy with no soft spots. They are sold separately in the produce department or sometimes grouped together on their stalk from the farmer’s market. They are also really easy to grow if you have a garden! Trim the bottoms and remove any spoiled leaves. Rinse the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry before cooking.
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
It’s easy to cook up a batch of sprouts for a healthy snack, appetizer, or side dish!
- Preheat the Air Fryer.
- Put cleaned Brussel sprouts in a large bowl and toss them with olive oil & vinegar.
- Toss with garlic powder, salt & pepper and cook (per recipe below) until crispy and slightly browned.
How Long to Cook Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Place Brussel sprouts in the basket of an air fryer and fry for about 14 to 17 minutes or until tender. Shake the basket about halfway through, about 7 minutes in. Then just remove from the air fryer and serve piping hot!
Tips and Tricks
- Frozen Brussel sprouts will work in the recipe, too! Just add another 8 minutes to the cook time.
- Make air fryer Brussel sprouts in advance and keep them in an airtight container until ready to reheat and serve.
- For a buffet-style presentation, thread cooked Brussel sprouts on 6” wooden skewers and serve.
- Or, serve them in a bowl mixed with our colorful smoked tomatoes, garnished with crumbled feta cheese!
Keep air fryer Brussel sprouts in a zippered bag or aright container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Re-crisp them in the air fryer for about 7 minutes or until they’re heated through.
Other Tasty Side Dish Recipes To Try!
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts – another easy Brussels recipe.
- Air Fryer Green Beans – ready in just 20 minutes!
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – so tasty.
- Sauteed Beet Greens – delicious and easy.
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – family favorite!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F.
- Clean Brussels sprouts, trim the bottom, and remove any spoiled leaves. Cut large sprouts in half.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Add to the basket of the air fryer. Cook until tender, about 14-17 minutes, shaking the basket after 7 minutes, and again when checking the sprouts for desired level of doneness. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!