Parmesan crusted broccoli is such an easy, healthy side or appetizer.
Roasting broccoli in the oven or even in an air fryer makes it tender on the inside and crispy on the outside with a lightly seasoned coating, and kids positively love it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Recipe to your Side Dish Board!
How to Prep Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
The prep is the fun part of making this dish! The kids especially enjoy it. Simply add the ingredients into a zip top bag and toss. Use your hands to massage the breadcrumb mixture into the broccoli.
How to Roast Broccoli in the Oven
A good Parmesan broccoli recipe starts with a preheated oven so the coating crisps up quickly without overcooking the broccoli!
Make sure your broccoli florets are similar in size so they roast evenly. And trust us, this garlicky, savory coating made with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese is so worth the few extra steps!
What Temperature to Roast Broccoli
Roasted broccoli with Parmesan and breadcrumbs needs a high temp to cook the coating on the outside.
425°F is the perfect temperature to seal the coating on the outside for perfectly crispy and crunchy broccoli!
How Long to Roast Broccoli
This baked Parmesan broccoli recipe, ready in under 30 mins, is perfect for a quick get together or a healthy snack in place of chips.
- The first roast will be about 12 minutes, then it’s time to flip them.
- The second roast will be about another 10 to 15 minutes, but be careful, because they will cook very quickly at this point.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serve with dill, honey mustard, or cheese dip or squeeze a little lemon juice on them if the dip route isn’t for you!
Can You Roast Cauliflower and Broccoli Together?
Sure, why not? As long as the florets are of equal size and shape and are evenly coated with the seasoned breading mix, they’ll bake wonderfully together!
Make a healthy appetizer for a barbecue or a snack for the family!
What to Serve with Roasted Broccoli
Roasted broccoli goes with so many different cuisines!
- It can be added to a stir fry or tossed into pasta in place of ham for Meatless Monday
- Or made into a veggie wrap with coleslaw, sliced radishes, and toasted walnuts with a little ranch dressing!
- Serve as a low-carb side dish with a steak and a tossed salad!
- For a vegetarian bowl, put Parmesan roasted broccoli on top of brown rice with some steamed carrots, edamame, water chestnuts, sprouts, and a dash of soy sauce or teriyaki.
How to Store and Reheat
Keep Parmesan roasted broccoli in an zip top bag, Stasher Bag, or airtight container.in the refrigerator until you’re ready to reheat it again (or eat cold right from the container!).
To reheat, simply pop it in the oven at 350 F for up to 15 minutes. Be sure to give the pan a little shake to toss the broccoli florets around and get them evenly heated again.
Freezing Parmesan broccoli and then thawing it will make them mushy, so why not just make a new batch? Easy peasy!
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with foil paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add broccoli and olive oil to a zip top bag or Stasher bag and toss to coat.
- Add in parmesan, panko, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Toss to mix, and gently massage so the breadcrumb mixture coats the broccoli.
- Carefully spread broccoli on prepared baking tray, adding extra coating to the top of the broccoli.
- Bake 12 minutes. Using a spatula, flip broccoli. Rotate pan in the oven and bake 10-15 more minutes. Watch carefully until just ready, as the last part cooks quickly!
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Pin this easy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Recipe!
Adapted from I Wash You Dry