Oven Roasted Radishes are the roasted baby potatoes of the future—and they are incredibly good!
Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, roasted radishes are the perfect side dish to low carb entrees like chicken, beef, pork, and fish. Or just eat them because they are simply delicious and so easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Oven Roasted Radishes recipe to your SIDE DISHES Board!
Are Radishes Healthy?
Radishes are a popular root vegetable that’s so easy to grow. The low carb and keto craze has put this humble veggie center-stage and for good reason! Bright red and crunchy, with a slightly sweet-spicy flavor, radishes can be served hot or cold!
And yes—packed with anti-oxidants, radishes are a low cal, low fat, low carb healthy vegetable superstar that are also a great source of vitamins B6, C, A, E, and K, as well as fiber, potassium, copper, iron, and magnesium.
Our Fave Radish Recipe
- Prepped, seasoned, and made in minutes, roasted radishes are more than a side dish!
- Serve them as an appetizer with some Easy Greek Yogurt Dip, Creamy Dill Dressing, or some yummy Tzatziki.
- Try Watermelon radishes which are larger and softer than regular radishes. And they can be cut into wedges which makes for a striking dish!
What’s in Roasted Radishes?
RADISHES: Choose radishes that are heavy, with a firm skin, and are unblemished. This same recipe can be applied to other low-carb veggies like turnips, brussels sprouts, broccoli, or any other thick, low-carb vegetable.
OILS: Olive oil is a healthier, lighter option over other oils. But butter will work and even leftover bacon grease is still keto, but with a little more flavor!
SEASONINGS: Use pre-packaged Italian seasoning mix or try one of these two amazing recipes for Italian Dressing Mix or this Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe. Roast with cloves of garlic on the baking sheet and serve alongside. Garlic cloves become sweet and savory once they’ve been roasted and add a colorful and flavorful complement to the radishes.
How to Roast Radishes
Just two simple steps are all it takes to make this unusual and totally delish side dish!
- Prepare radishes and cut the larger ones in half. Toss radishes in oil and sprinkle on seasoning mix.
- Place oiled and seasoned radishes on a baking sheet and roast per recipe below.
PRO TIP: Avoid baking too long so they stay firm, they will continue to cook once removed from the oven (carryover cooking). Serve immediately or with the dips/dressings listed above.
In the Instant Pot:
- Prepare radishes and cut the larger ones in half.
- Toss radishes in oil and sprinkle on seasoning mix.
- Cook seasoned radishes in an Instant Pot sealed to high for 8 minutes.
- Allow the steam to naturally release.
How to Store
Keep cooled roasted radishes in an airtight container or zippered bag in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat them in an oiled skillet or even an air fryer, until they are browned or blackened. Then just season and serve. Or, like me, eat them cold right out of the refrigerator. They’re a great snack (that I can’t resist)!
Freeze them in small bags with the date labeled on the outside. Once thawed, they will be soft but can be crisped up under the broiler.
Other Easy Side Dishes!
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – easy and delicious!
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower – ready in just 20 minutes.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob – quick 10 minute prep!
- Oven Roasted Beets – great way to cook beets.
- Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad – so light and fresh.
- Roasted Green Beans – crisp and delicious.
Oven Roasted Radishes
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry radishes. Cut off tops and bottoms, and cut large radishes in half lengthwise.
- On parchment lined baking tray, toss radishes with oil. Sprinkle with Italian dressing mix (or garlic powder and Italian seasoning), pepper, and salt. Spread evenly in a single layer.
- Roast radishes 25-30 minutes, until cooked to desired doneness, stirring after 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Recipe from Easy Low Carb