This easy Greek Yogurt Dip has an all-Greek and Mediterranean flair.
There’s nothing like a good yogurt dip! Pesto mixed with humble yogurt makes a healthy dip for vegetables, a quick chip dip or as a topping for a baked potato. With a creamy and smooth yogurt-based dip recipe like this, herbs, spices, and cheese can all be mixed and matched for a variety of flavors. It’s perfect to use for dipping and also as a sauce for a Roast Rack of Lamb.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this easy Greek Yogurt Dip recipe to your DIPS & DRESSINGS Board!
GREEK YOGURT – Greek yogurt is a milk product that is thick and velvety, almost like unsweetened ice cream. The difference between Greek yogurt and other yogurt is in the consistency and this is due to how yogurt is made. Yogurt is simply milk that has been fermented for an extended period. After it has finished fermenting the yogurt thickens and Greek yogurt is strained of the whey. Straining makes the yogurt thicker. Besides tasting great, the long and skinny of it is, that Greek yogurt is healthy and a great daily addition to our diet.
PESTO – Some basil mixed with olive oil makes a simple and great pesto. Most pesto has Parmesan cheese and pine nuts in it too. A jar of pesto sauce will do for this recipe, or make your own homemade recipe!
CILANTRO – A whole bunch of chopped cilantro is used, making this sauce super healthy and fresh tasting. It’s perfect for chicken or for dipping veggies
Yogurt dip recipes have so many variations:
- Add dill, chive, and spinach for a new flavor profile.
- Even blue cheese and ranch dressing pairs nicely when they are mixed in with the yogurt base.
- In a pinch, prepackaged mixed dried herbs like “everything but the bagel” seasoning works well.
- Try a spicier Turkish cilantro dip with jalapeno and smoked paprika.
- A cooling Persian cucumber dip with dill, garlic, and English cucumbers would taste great.
- Or, try a great Greek Tzatziki!
How to Make Greek Yogurt Dip
It’s never going to get easier than this super simple shortcut dip:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (per the recipe below).
- Dip and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- This dip is great for packing into small containers for lunches or to bring as a pack-along for a picnic.
- Or use the dip to make little appetizers for a garden party. Put a spoonful or two in individual plastic cups and fill the cup with an assortment of vegetables like cherry tomatoes, cut cucumber, or chopped carrots.
- Greek Pizza tastes great with some tangy yogurt dip. Try dipping the crusts, or drizzle the dip on top for extra flavor!
- For a terrific homemade appetizer or snack, try dunking these Simple Sourdough Crackers into this tasty dip!
This healthy veggie dip recipe will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Remember when it is removed from the fridge to give it a bit of a stir because sometimes the whey settles to the top. And this can also be drained and discarded. Greek yogurt dip doesn’t freeze well, so use it all up while it’s fresh. (Which won’t be difficult!)
Other Delicious Dips To Try!
- Hot Spinach Dip – a crowd pleaser!
- Dillionaire Veggie Dip – perfect for summer veggies.
- Homemade Queso Dip – zesty and delicious.
- Cowboy Caviar – for your next potluck!
Easy Greek Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups plain yogurt regular or greek
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- ¼ cup pesto
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes in refrigerator to allow flavors to meld*.
- Serve with tortillas, chips, or vegetables.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!