When it comes to homemade seasoning blends, this Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe takes the prize!
Everyone has heard about everything but the bagel seasoning, and for good reason! It has become one of the best, most popular, all-purpose seasonings for adding flavor to everything. From chicken, to salmon, to beef and to all kinds of cooked vegetable ideas, everything bagel seasoning adds amazing flavor. It even works as an ingredient in a super fun cheese dip with cream cheese or sour cream! Perfect for sprinkling on our tasty Simple Sourdough Crackers!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe to your SPICE MIXES Board!
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
- This recipe has the perfect blend of sweet, salty, and savory! Did we mention it’s also perfect as a low carb and keto seasoning?
- Make your own Trader Joe’s version of this tasty seasoning and use it in all your favorite foods! No blender is needed since all of the ingredients are dry and simply need a shake!
- Make a batch or two to add to salad dressings, melted butter, or as a topping for Oven Roasted Potatoes or Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower! Give to friends and neighbors as an all-purpose seasoning and let them come up with their own ideas!
- Almost every major food market from Costco to Aldi’s has its own blend of everything but the bagel seasoning. This homemade version costs about a quarter of the price as the store bought mixture!
- This recipe is a tried-and-true copycat version of the original!
Ingredients and Variations
THE BASICS: Add to it, but don’t take away from the basics! Sesame seeds, flakes of sea salt (or kosher salt), onion, garlic, and poppy seeds for color, and some optional black sesame seeds are what give this iconic seasoning blend its reputation.
MIX-INS: Red pepper flakes, ground cumin, oregano, or even dried chives can be added for a slightly different flavor profile.
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
This is the fun part! Just put all of the ingredients together in a bowl, a bag, or a jar and shake it up!
How to Use Everything Bagel Seasoning
From eggs of all kinds to dressings, everything bagel seasoning is a timeless seasoning blend! Here are a few faves to try it with.
- Sprinkle onto some tasty Oven Baked Fries
- Add it to this delish Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe to give it even more zesty flavor
- Just to get an idea of the versatility of this spice blend, it can even be sprinkled on baked fish or chicken! Try it on Oven Baked Tilapia or use it as a topping on Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
- Try it on Oven Roasted Asparagus!
How to Store It
Just like all herbs and seasonings, keep everything but the bagel seasoning in a sealed container with other pantry spices. A mason jar with mason jar caps is one of my very favorite ways to store spice mixtures and rubs. No messing around with a lid and ring! They’re also perfect for gift giving! Don’t you love receiving a homemade gift of food?
Make sure it’s stored away from heat and light extremes so it stays fresh. To use, simply shake contents and use as desired.
Other Quick & Easy Spice Recipes!
- Best Beef Brisket Rub – so flavorful!
- Jerk Seasoning – zesty recipe
- Pork Rub Recipe – easy and versatile!
- Fajita Seasoning – perfectly spiced.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store in a mason jar with a lid, or any sealed airtight container.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.