This is the Best Beef Brisket Rub, and it’s the perfect all-purpose recipe!
This is such a delicious beef brisket rub, but it’s also much more. Make this homemade Texas-style dry rub to spice up your entire BBQ repertoire! It works well to add to a marinade, and it’s great sprinkled on Philly Cheesesteak or even Hamburger Foil Packets. Use it to spice up those summer grill recipes or slow-roasted favorites!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN the Best Beef Brisket Rub recipe to your DRY RUBS & SEASONINGS Board!
Best Brisket Rub Ever!
- Used as a rub or mixed into a marinade, this brisket rub for beef delivers classic BBQ flavor with a touch of sweetness on a smoked or slow cooker beef brisket.
- Make a double batch because it won’t be long before this multi-use rub is used up on chicken, pork, fish, and even vegetables!
- Brisket rub works with any cooking method. Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry! Use it to smoke meat, too. Every application is perfect using this rub!
What’s in Beef Brisket Rub?
SWEET – Hy’s seasoning salt has been upgraded with a few new ingredients. Brown sugar creates a glazed, caramelized coating with amazing rich flavor!
SPICY – Chili powder, paprika, and black pepper are where it’s at for creating just the right amount of spice against the sweet & salty background flavors!
SAVORY – Of course, any rub worth its salt (pardon the pun) has to have onion and garlic powder for that savory touch. It adds just the right balance to meats, and vegetables too.
Try using this recipe as a base, then add whatever’s in the pantry to create a unique blend!
- Red chili flakes, mustard powder, lemon pepper, or even a sugar substitute like erythritol can be used for sugar-free seasoning salt.
- Make a glaze with some liquid smoke, stone ground mustard, honey, or maple syrup, and brush on meat or fish before pan-frying, oven roasting, or grilling. This rub also goes well with a balsamic reduction of any kind!
- Believe it or not, coffee adds amazing flavor to dry rub! Try a little dark coffee and see what happens!
How to Make Brisket Rub
This is the easy part! It’s just 1, 2, and done!
- Simply whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl (per the recipe below).
- Then store in a container with a tight-fitting lid. A glass mason jar is best for seeing how much is left (and for shaking before using!)
Keep brisket rub in a sealed jar in a cool place and it will last up to 2 years. Give it a solid shake before using to break up any clumps that may have formed while being stored. Dry brisket rub can be frozen and kept in a zippered bag if desired. This will keep it super fresh for every use!
Other Spice Mixes & Marinades to Try
- Pork Rub Recipe – perfect for chops!
- Greek Salad Dressing – tenderizing & tangy.
- Jerk Seasoning – a taste of the South
- Italian Dressing Mix – ideal seasoning.
- Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe – great for grilling!
Best Beef Brisket Rub
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ⅓ cup seasoning salt Hy's brand, or your favorite seasoned salt
- ⅓ cup paprika
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- ⅓ cup black pepper
- 1½ Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1½ Tablespoons onion powder
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Store in a mason jar with a lid, or any sealed airtight container.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.