This is definitely the best Greek Salad Dressing recipe ever!
Fresh and tangy and with real lemon juice, this recipe for homemade Greek Salad Dressing is not only healthy but it’s so simple to make! It’s the perfect complement to authentic Greek salads and we think it’s a great dressing for our Orzo Pasta Salad. Blend up our easy Greek Salad Dressing at home and you’ll see how much better it is than many restaurant versions!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Greek Salad Dressing recipe to your SALADS Board!
What Dressing Goes on a Greek Salad
Authentic Greek salads are a mix of strongly flavored components like Kalamata olives, red onions, and the traditional feta cheese. The milder ingredients are cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers. It’s a colorful, crunchy, lettuce-free salad that is best dressed with a simple, but tangy vinaigrette that brings all the flavors together!
Why We Love this Recipe
This quick and easy Greek salad dressing is basically an oil, an acid, and a handful of herbs and seasonings, it’s got all the classic Mediterranean flavors we love! And it’s a multi-purpose vinaigrette, too. You’ll want to keep a jar or two in the refrigerator for last-minute applications!
- Use it as a marinade for beef, chicken, pork, fish, or make a savory, creamy dip by stirring a little into some yogurt for dipping fresh veggies or breadsticks in.
- Mix into the filling of smoked deviled eggs or into potato salad. Make a quick veggie sauté of spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions and sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles as a side dish!
Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients
The best Greek salad dressing recipes start with the best ingredients.
ACID Freshly squeezed lemon juice and red wine vinegar provide the needed acid component that every vinaigrette needs. Red wine vinegar will add to the bright flavor but white wine vinegar or a balsamic will do in a pinch, just adjust the sweetness with the sugar.
FAT And of course, the tanginess needs balancing with a fat, and for Greek salad, none other than a good quality olive oil will do! Combined with feta cheese it’s a mouthwateringly good salad!
HERBS & SEASONINGS Dill, oregano, and the correct amounts of salt & pepper add flavoring to this tasty vinaigrette!
SUGAR Without sugar to balance the tanginess/sour components, most vinaigrettes limp. Add at least 1/2- 1 teaspoon, tasting until the dressing tastes right. Honey or maple syrup is a good substitute for the sugar as well.
OTHER TASTY ADDITIONS Try adding a bit of freshly chopped basil, mint or thyme for more depth of flavor. Toss in a little finely crumbled cheese and make a Greek feta salad dressing! Experiment with the blend you like best!
How to Make Greek Salad Dressing
This is one of the easiest dressings you’ll ever make from scratch!
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour into a cruet or a mason jar and store in the refrigerator.
- PRO TIP: Storing Greek salad dressing in a jar makes it super easy to mix up again, just give it a shake and it’s ready to go!
Tips and Tricks
- Greek salad dressing will separate, don’t worry, give the jar a shake or whisk it up.
- To make a creamy dressing, blend the ingredients in a blender, which will emulsify it.
- Always taste test and adjust the seasoning prior to each use.
- To add a burst of flavor in soups and sautés, freeze Greek dressing in an ice cube tray and store the cubes in a zippered bag. Pop one out as needed.
Greek salad dressing will last for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Other Easy Dressing Recipes!
- Creamy Dill Dressing – excellent!
- Italian Dressing Mix – perfect to keep on hand.
- Homemade Italian Dressing Recipe – so simple!
- Blue Cheese Dressing – bright and flavorful
Greek Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice fresh is best
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar up to 1 teaspoon (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt up to 1⅔ teaspoons (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or up to ½ teaspoon (to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in a sealed container.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Greek Salad Dressing recipe!
Amazing would be great on potato salad
Amazing dressing would be great on a potato salad
Yes, I love a vinaigrette based potato salad too Irene!