Smoked deviled eggs are the appetizer you didn’t know you needed until now!
If you are already using your electric smoker or a Weber, Traeger, Masterbuilt, or your Big Green Egg smoker, then add a few hard-boiled eggs to make the best smoked deviled eggs you’ve ever had!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Smoked Deviled Egg Recipe to your Appetizer Board!
Smoked deviled eggs are an elegant appetizer that is easy and cost-effective. They go great with a protein like salmon, bacon, or trout on an appetizer plate. Even your backyard BBQ grill can be used to smoke eggs— it’s a super fun project with amazing results that will impress all your guests!
We Love Smoked Deviled Eggs!
They are so easy and you can even smoke them alongside other things like we noted above! Plus, they are quick. Besides, who else does something so unique with deviled eggs? Their flavor is mildly smokey and delicate- definitely a recipe to impress!
You’ll be surprised by the unique and delicious flavor. It’s slightly smoky, slightly tangy, paired with the creamy deviled eggs that you know and love. If you’re curious, take the plunge (even if you’re uncertain). You’ll be so glad you did!! Like us, you’ll pop eggs on every time you smoke a brisket, rack of lamb, or pulled pork!
Ingredients and Variations
The key to additional smoked flavor here is smoked paprika— it’s worth it to add it to the mix. But don’t stop there, try some sweet relish or Dijon mustard!
If you’re in the mood for a little spice, make jalapeno deviled eggs by adding half to a whole finely diced jalapeno to the yolk mixture (in addition to the jalapeno slices!).
Jalapeno slices make for a good garnish on top, but so do diced green chiles, sliced black olives, or even toasted walnuts on the top! A few capers on the top of each deviled egg add a bright, acidic flavor, and they are so colorful and tasty! A little sprig of dill looks and tastes great too.
Sprinkle with pork rub or paprika for a cool, but traditional, look!
How to Make Smoked Deviled Eggs
Easy Peasy! Simply cold smoke some hard-boiled eggs in the smoker according to our recipe until lightly browned on the outside. 225° Fahrenheit is considered “cold smoked.” This keeps the eggs from drying out.
- Slice eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- Arrange the whites on the serving plate.
- Mash yolks and add other ingredients except for jalapeno slices.
- Spoon the mixture into each white egg half.
- Garnish and serve!
The pork rub garnish adds color and a hint of sweet smoky flavor. A thinly sliced jalapeno, aside from also adding color, adds a little heat. Surprisingly, even a spicy jalapeno, is nicely offset by the egg, and is not spicy when eaten together. It’s a nice balance of spice with the creamy egg!
PRO TIP: Put the mixture in a zippered bag and cut off one corner at the bottom to squeeze the mixture out easily in each egg white half.
PRO TIP: Make an extra egg or two in case the whites break when they are being cut in half. Add the yolks to the mix.
What to Serve With Smoked Deviled Eggs
We always serve deviled eggs at Thanksgiving and Christmas. So anytime we’re smoking near those holidays, we add in some eggs too!
Appetizer night? Yep! Serve them up with jalapeno poppers, hummus, everyone’s favorite mini pigs in a blanket, wonton crisps, and hot spinach dip. For an extra big crowd, add queso dip and hot artichoke dip (or switch one of these out for another appie).
How to Store and How Long Do They Last?
Smoked deviled eggs keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container or covered with plastic wrap. To refresh them, simply sprinkle some salt and pepper on them or some extra smoked paprika and they are good to go!
Smoked Deviled Eggs
- 6 smoked eggs *
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard Dijon preferred
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon parsley finely chopped, more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon pork rub or your favorite rub (or ¼ teaspoon paprika and ¼ teaspoon salt), more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 thin slices jalapeno pepper garnish, optional
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon pork rub garnish, optional, or paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley finely chopped, garnish, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully remove yolks from each half and put in a small bowl. Place egg whites on a serving plate or board.
- To make smooth deviled eggs, mash yolks finely with a fork before adding other ingredients.
- Add mayo, mustard, lemon juice, parsley, rub, and garlic powder to the bowl. Mix until smooth, or desired consistency, and completely mixed through.
- To garnish, sprinkle with a small amount of rub (about ⅛-¼ teaspoon total), parsley, and top with jalapeno slice. Keep refrigerated until serving.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Smoked Deviled Eggs Recipe!