Try these super fun to make, fried or baked wonton crackers that will just melt in your mouth! Just take ordinary wonton wrappers (the kind you make Rangoon appetizers with), season them simply with some parmesan cheese and parsley, bake, cool, and serve!
We serve and eat them just on their own, or with some dips, alongside Mini Pigs In a Blanket (Crescent Dogs) and Homemade Jalapeno Poppers. Betcha can’t just have one! Usually we make the entire package of wonton wrappers becuase these go so fast!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Wonton Crisp recipe to your Appetizer Board!
Asian Inspired Appetizers
These parmesan wonton crackers make elegant, homemade crisps for all kinds of toppings! Especially if you are making Asian-inspired appetizers and use tuna or Hawaiian-inspired like poke (diced, raw fish), these delicate crisps can be eaten on their own and seasoned any way you like or they can be topped! Top them with your favorite spreads and meats. This four-ingredient recipe is one you can make year-round and in so many tasty ways!
Baked or Fried Wontons Crisps?
Both cooking versions will yield a perfectly crunchy crisp! It’s your choice! This recipe uses the baked method, but to quickly deep fry wonton crisps, simply heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a shallow pan to 350F. Fry a couple of minutes on one side and use tongs to turn them over and fry them briefly on the other side. Place fried wontons on a paper towel to drain. Immediately sprinkle with cheese and parsely and then let cool.
How to Make Wonton Crisps
- Preheat oven. Melt butter and brush the baking tray (or parchment paper) with melted butter.
- Separate the wonton squares and cut diagonally from corner to corner to make two triangles.
- Place each wonton wrapper half on the greased baking sheet, making a rough square for the two halves. Brush the tops with more melted butter.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Or you can try something completely different! Why not try black sesame seeds and sea salt? Italian seasoning? Or Ranch seasoning? This is your chance to make crackers that have a perfect topping, or do you prefer no topping at all?
- Bake and serve!
What to Serve with Wonton Crisps
Wonton crisps go with everything or they can stand alone! Looking for something to dip these crispy wonton wrappers into? They’re great with my quick and tasty Hot Artichoke Dip that is a definite crowd pleaser! Also, try the wonton crackers with this super easy recipe for Homemade Queso Dip!
These make the perfect cracker to serve with soups, like creamy. tomato soups, and one of our faves these days, Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup.
How To Store Wonton Crisps
Wonton crisps that are baked will keep longer than ones that are deep fried but they’ll both keep the same way. Keep wonton crisps in a ziptop bag, Stasher bags or an airtight container. Do not refrigerate! If they aren’t all gobbled up, they should last about ten days or so!
- ¼ cup butter
- 20 wonton wrapper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or more as desired
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley optional, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt butter. Using silicone brush or pastry brush, brush baking tray with melted butter.
- Separate squares and cut corner to corner to make a triangular shape. Place the triangle shapes back as squares on the baking tray. They can be placed close together and you should be able to get about 24 triangles on one tray. Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley if using.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Repeat until all are baked. Cool and serve (if you can wait that long!).
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Wonton Crisp recipe
Recipe from Brimacombe, Karen, “Wonton Crispies.” The Rest of the Best and More. Ed. The Best of Bridge Publishing Ltd. Regina: Best of Bridge Publishing Ltd., 2004. 68. Print.