Baked Kale Chips make deliciously crispy, healthy snacks and appetizers!
What can’t kale do? Now, this superfood veggie can be oven-baked into tasty crispy treats! Veggie chips are a super popular snack right now. But instead of buying expensive varieties that may have processed ingredients, make them easily at home. Pair up some homemade kale chips with a sweet or savory dip or dressing, or use them in place of croutons for soups, stews, or chili. So many delicious options, so why not make some tonight?
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Baked Kale Chips recipe to your APPETIZERS Board!
Favorite Crispy Snack
- Kale chips are super easy to make! Make this recipe in less than 15 minutes with minimal clean-up! Keep batches warm in a dish covered with aluminum foil.
- Kale’s superfood status means everyone can enjoy guilt-free snacking for a party or right before the big game! Serve them with a few assorted dips like Tzatziki, Dillionaire Veggie Dip, or a Hot Artichoke Dip . It’s a new treat every time!
Ingredients & Variations
KALE: Kale is a cousin to cabbage with long, wide, leathery leaves that come in a variety of colors, from bright green to purple to brown. Cut the stems away from the leaves and tear them into bite-sized pieces or pieces that are perfect for scooping! Bake a variety of colorful kale chips and arrange them on a festive platter!
Kale Chips Seasoning
- For this easy recipe, it’s just a little oil and some salt, but you can choose a different seasoning every time! How about this savory seasonings Italian Dressing Mix, Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe, or this spicy Jerk Seasoning? Packaged Ranch dressing, taco seasoning, even cinnamon sugar makes kale chips a deliciously different treat every time!
- Make cheesy kale chips by sprinkling on some parmesan cheese halfway through the baking process.
PRO TIP: For a non-dairy, cheesy, ‘umami’ flavor, sprinkle a little nutritional yeast on baked kale chips.
How to Bake Kale Chips
It doesn’t get any easier than three simple steps!
- Toss prepared kale pieces in oil and salt.
- Bake until crispy (as per recipe below).
- Serve hot or cooled.
How to Store Kale Chips
Keep homemade kale chips in a sealed container at room temperature up to 3 days. Refresh them by heating them in an air fryer or placing them under the broiler for about a minute until they are crisp again.
PRO TIP: Store kale chips with a slice of bread to absorb any condensation that might occur at room temperature.
Other Snacks To Try!
- Baked Zucchini Sticks – easy appetizer.
- Oven Roasted Asparagus – 5 minute prep.
- Oven Baked Fries – a snack or side dish.
- Baked Corn Ribs – unique way to enjoy corn on the cob!
Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or cracked salt (or seasoned salt), to taste
- Preheat oven 350°F. Line baking tray(s)* with parchment paper.
- Tear kale into bite sized pieces. Wash carefully and dry well using a salad spinner.
- Lay kale on baking tray and sprinkle with olive oil**. Toss to coat and spread evenly on baking tray. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until edges are very slightly browned.
**Or add kale to a large bowl, sprinkle with oil, and toss to coat.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Baked Kale Chips recipe!