Make this bacon and cheese quiche recipe for a zesty brunch dish that is sure to impress!
This amazing quiche recipe packs a wallop of zesty flavor from the jalapenos, paired nicely with cream cheese for a mouth watering taste that is unforgettable! Think extra creamy and cheesy jalapeno poppers!
What is Quiche?
The word quiche is thought to be related to the German word “kuchen” which means cake or tart. However, the earliest findings of quiche date back to the 17th century in the French region of Lorraine, appropriately called quiche lorraine.
The early versions of quiche lorraine used lardons, a fatty strip of bacon, instead of the current version which uses ham. Bacon and cheese quiche with jalapenos takes it up a notch and is a fun, more modern recipe.
Ingredients And Variations
CRUST: Use a store bought frozen pie crust or make one from scratch.
DAIRY: Eggs, cream, cheddar, and cream cheese bring so much texture and flavor to this dish! Experiment with different, favorite types of cheese. We love a sharp cheddar.
MEAT: This recipe calls for bacon, but ham or even Italian sausage would be delicious!
VEGGIES: Jalapeno peppers are the star veggie in this creamy Jalapeno popper style quiche. But add in veggies of choice like spinach, mushrooms, or red peppers.
How To Make Bacon and Cheese Quiche
This quiche recipe is all about the eggs!
- Prebake the crust. Spread cream cheese, diced jalapenos, and bacon over warm crust.
- Whisk egg mixture and add cream to get a bit of volume. Pour over top of crust and bake, as directed in recipe below.
- Add cheese and bake some more!
- Let rest, then enjoy!
Use an offset spatula to spread the cream cheese onto the warm pie crust, which makes it so much easier! This type of spatula is also helpful to spread honey butter on Honey Cornbread Muffins, ice cream on a DQ Buster Bar ice cream cake, or to frost a cupcake!
Make this quiche recipe ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s perfect for weekend guests, a weekday dinner, or just a lazy morning with the family.
Serving And Storing
Serve this zesty quiche with a fresh red leaf salad with lemon vinaigrette, a kale quinoa salad, or a Cucumber Dill Salad for a delicious brunch! If the guests want a bit more heat, leave some jalapeno slices and hot sauce on the table to add on top!
Quiche can be served hot or cold, it’s all a matter of taste. Just like some people prefer cold pizza over hot pizza. But in this case, jalapeno bacon and cheese quiche is great BOTH ways! It’s also perfect served just warm. Make it ahead of time and leave it cool until ready to eat.
Store cooked and cooled quiche wrapped well, or in a covered container, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Or it can be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator then pop it into the oven or microwave to warm it up.
Other Breakfast Treats!
Jalapeno Popper Quiche
- 1 9″ pie crust frozen or homemade
- ½ cup cream cheese room temperature
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced (seeds removed, for less heat)
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced into rounds (for top) (I mostly deseeded these as well)
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp, chopped
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 2 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Defrost pie crust and prick the entire crust with a fork. I also crimp the sides with a fork for a more “homemade” look.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
- Spread cream cheese on the hot crust. Sprinkle with diced jalapenos and cooked bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with half and half, pepper, and salt (if using)
- Pour egg mixture on top of bacon and into the crust and bake for 30 minutes, or seems mostly set (I added 5 minutes here).
- At 30 minutes, take quiche out of the oven and place jalapeno slices and cheese on top. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned and quiche is set.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve with light sour cream if desired.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Zesty Jalapeno Bacon And Cheese Quiche
Adapted from Real Housemoms
My step daughter gave me the link to the recipe to try it out and have to say it is filed away as a new favorite for supper. I made a salad to add to the meal and my husband loved it.
Awww, that’s so great to hear Kelly! It’s a great meal, and great for brunch too. My husband and kids love it too! Thank you for letting me know!
Made this for brunch for my company I had over for my birthday and it was a huge hit! Was concerned would be too spicy and have to admit it had the perfect amount of spice. I am looking forward to making this again!
I’m so happy that everyone loved it, Shauna. Happy Birthday!
OMG, this is so amazing… I absolutely love anything with jalapenos and this quiche is so perfect for dinner or brunch! Thanks for a great recipe!
You’re welcome. It sure does make a great brunch!
This sounds like it would be SO delicious. I can’t wait to try it!
You’ll be so glad you did Bailey!! It’s my hubby’s fave!