This quick and easy Ham and Quiche Cheese Recipe makes a savory and delightful meal for any occasion.
As an added bonus, this ham cheese quiche recipe is light on calories and low on fat! And with an easy store-bought crust, this simple dish is perfect served for a Sunday brunch or even a fancy breakfast! Try serving it with a Triple Berry Smoothie for a healthy and delicious accompaniment that will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Ham & Cheese Quiche recipe to your MAIN DISH Board!
We Love this Quiche Recipe!
With a savory filling and a cheesy topping, this ham quiche is so simple to make. This recipe simply calls for mushrooms and onions as a vegetable filler. However, quiche is so versatile, because the sautéed vegetables can be swapped for whatever is on hand. Use favorites like healthy chopped kale, or add extra cheese and meat. With a recipe this versatile it’s simple to change things up!
Ingredients and Variations
HAM There are different kinds of ham that can be used. However, country ham tastes delicious in this recipe with its saltiness and slightly smoky flavor. Chop it into small bite-sized pieces before sautéing with the mushrooms. This is a great recipe for using up that leftover Oven Baked Ham With Pineapple.
CHEESE This recipe calls for either mozzarella or Havarti cheese, but cheddar would also work well. Pre shredded cheese will quicken the preparation process but shredding at home is cheaper, and it’s easy to do.
THE CRUST A flaky crust is the secret to a good quiche. A premade store-bought crust is the easiest option to save time. Or use your own favorite quiche crust recipe. Below are some tips & tricks for how to make a quick crustless Bisquick quiche.
THE VEGETABLES The lovely thing about a quiche is that you can use your favorite vegetables — asparagus, spinach, leek, or, tomato are all great options. Be sure to sauté your vegetables before adding to the pie shell. Alternately, use leftover roasted vegetables for a quick and easy addition.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
This recipe is easy to whip up in the morning just before guests arrive for brunch:
- In a large skillet sauté mushrooms & onion. Add ham & sauté
- Add mixture to a pie shell, sprinkle with cheese (save some cheese for the topping)
- Beat eggs, milk, pepper, & salt. Pour over the ham mixture
- Top with remaining cheese & bake per the recipe below
Tips and Tricks
- Crustless: To make an easy no crust quiche try using Bisquick! Mix ½ cup Bisquick, 1 cup of milk, and 2 eggs. Stir in the ham/mushroom mix, and 2 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased pie plate and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400°F.
- To turn this into a Quiche Lorraine – Add heavy cream, use bacon instead of ham, and top with a sharper cheese like Gruyere, or Swiss. Or check out our recipe for Quiche Lorraine.
Quiche leftovers are great for lunch or breakfast the next day. Reheating it in the microwave may make the crust less crispy, so just reheat in the oven by covering the quiche with aluminum foil. Set the oven to 350°F and warm for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Tasty Brunch Ideas
- Jalapeno Popper Quiche – spicy delight!
- Breakfast Strata With Sausage – filling & savory –
- Breakfast Bake Recipe – easy make-ahead meal.
- Sourdough French Toast – deliciously tangy and sweet!
- Easy Quiche Lorraine – with bacon.
Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- ½ cup diced ham
- 1 prepared pie crust 9 inch
- 3 cups shredded cheese mozzarella, Havarti
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil on medium in large skillet. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, cook until onion is translucent & liquid from mushroom has evaporated about 5 minutes. Add ham and stir.
- Add mixture to pie shell. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese on ham mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, and pepper together and pour over quiche. Add remaining cheese on top.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Adapted from The American Family Cookbook, New Revised Edition