This easy Triple Berry Smoothie is a healthy snack that will tame those sugar cravings!
Healthy, sweet, and filling, this 3-berry yogurt smoothie recipe is jam-packed with nutritious antioxidant berries and smooth creamy Greek yogurt. It’s an easy way to get in lots of nutrition and energy, and the bonus is it tastes great too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Triple Berry Smoothie recipe to your BREAKFAST Board!
We Love This Healthy Berry Smoothie!
- Smoothies are so versatile with many benefits. A good refreshing drink on those warm summer days, a quick snack, or even a filling power breakfast.
- This fresh berry smoothie recipe is a great way to use up fresh batches of summer berries. Even if they aren’t in season, berries can easily be found in the frozen food section. Keep a bag (or bags) of your favorite fruit on hand. This will make any smoothie easy to whip up.
- This berry and yogurt smoothie uses chia seeds giving it an added nutritional dose of omega-3.
- A little spoonful of jam boosts the sweetness while the lemon zest gives it a hint of tropical citrus.
Berry Smoothie Ingredients and Variations
FRUIT & FRESH BERRIES This simple berry smoothie is so very berry! Any type of berry can be used in smoothies. This recipe uses a combination of 3 field berries – blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Or better yet, try experimenting. Add an apple, cherries, pineapple, peaches or orange juice, even chocolate! There are few rules when it comes to smoothie making.
CHIA SEEDS Rich in fiber, antioxidants, and Omega-3, chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients packed into just one spoonful. Chia seeds are lovely because they expand when they are soaked in liquid, becoming soft and chewy. No chia seeds? No problem. Flaxseed, which is also filled with Omega-3, can be used as a substitute. A handful of oats is also another option.
VARIATIONS Feeling like you need a little more guidance? Try some of our other smoothie recipes like a tasty Blueberry Banana Smoothie or a tropical Strawberry Mango Smoothie Or, go for this easy Mixed Berry Smoothie for a slightly different flavor profile!
How to Make a Mixed Berry Smoothie
When it’s time to make a healthy breakfast or snack, it doesn’t get any easier than this:
- Add berries to the blender
- Toss in the rest of the ingredients (per the recipe below)
- Blend & enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Can’t use dairy? Substitute milk in the recipe with an alternative like coconut, almond, or cashew milk. Oat milk is especially creamy, too!
- Greek yogurt can be replaced with non-dairy yogurt or even a frozen banana.
- If using fresh fruit instead of frozen, add ice to make the smoothie extra cold!
- Want to sneak in some veggies? No one will ever even notice if you throw in a little carrot or cauliflower! (Go easy on green veggies, since it can change the color, but a little frozen spinach shouldn’t change the color too much!)
If there is some smoothie left, don’t worry. Leftovers can be easily put into individual containers and whipped out for a quick and refreshing breakfast or as a topping for oatmeal. Try adding leftover smoothie mix to ice cube trays for re-blending later. Another option is to turn the leftovers into healthy popsicles. Just pour the remaining smoothie into a popsicle mold and then pop it into the freezer. Let them freeze overnight.
Other Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Banana Granola Bars – on the go snack!
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats – creamy & filling
- Yogurt Bowl – smoothie in a bowl!
- Cherry Oatmeal with Almond Milk – perfect flavor.
- Banana Overnight Oats – sweet breakfast treat
Triple Berry Smoothie
- ½ cup fresh berries blackberries blueberries, strawberries
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam or other berry flavored jam or jelly (or maple syrup or honey), optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional
- Add fresh berries to blender, followed by yogurt, milk, chia seeds, coconut flakes, and optional jam and lemon zest.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.