Prepare this pumpkin overnight oats ahead of time, then grab a quick breakfast on the go!
Need an easy breakfast treat that is hearty and full of flavor? Make pumpkin pie overnight oats with wholesome ingredients like old fashioned oats, greek yogurt, almond milk, pumpkin puree and pecans. It has tasty chia seeds and is sweetened with a touch of honey for a delicious breakfast that really satisfies.
Grab And Go Breakfast
- These oats are packed full of pumpkin spice flavor and wholesome goodness including the chia and honey.
- Meal prep the night before makes mornings run so smoothly!
- Make this overnight oatmeal recipe for a healthy on-the-go breakfast that is hearty and filling.
- Serve it with a pumpkin energy ball or even peanut butter energy ball for those with a bigger appetite!
OATS: The recipe calls for old fashioned oats, also known as rolled oats, which take less time to cook than steel cut oats. Steel cut oats, or Irish oats, are unprocessed parts of whole oat grains known as oat groats that have been cut into 2 or 3 pieces. Rolled oats have been steamed and rolled so they will cook quicker. While steel cut oats will work, it may need more liquid, plus will give this dish a more chewy texture than rolled oats. It’s not recommended to use quick oats for this recipe.
PUMPKIN: Use canned pumpkin for ease of use, or roast a pumpkin and remove the tasty flesh. Then roast the seeds for a tasty snack or topping! Use canned pumpkin to make other tasty pumpkin treats like pumpkin cranberry bread, pumpkin muffins and baked pumpkin donuts – YUM!
MILK: Use almond milk for this overnight oatmeal recipe, or any milk of choice. Tailor this recipe to dietary or taste preference with cashew milk, oat milk, soy milk or just regular milk.
YOGURT: Greek yogurt is thick, creamy and protein rich. It provides that extra boost of energy to help get the day started. Regular yogurt will also work if preferred.
EXTRAS: Pecans, chia seeds and honey provide an interesting array of textures and flavors! Use walnuts or almonds in place of pecans if desired for a heavenly harvest breakfast surprise.
VARIATIONS: Add a shot of espresso to make pumpkin spice latte overnight oats. Or make chocolate pumpkin overnight oats with the addition of a bit of cocoa. Other delicious additions include dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
For a vegan pumpkin pie overnight oats, use a vegan yogurt (such as coconut yogurt) and omit the honey.
How To Make Pumpkin Overnight Oats?
- Mix together pumpkin puree, yogurt, milk, oats and chia, and add the flavorings. Pour into containers.
- Top with fruit or nuts and let it sit overnight. It’s the perfect to-go breakfast, no cooking required!
How to Store Overnight Oats
Can overnight oats be made in a plastic container? Absolutely! A non-breakable container is perfect for a quick breakfast on the go, or to send in a lunchbox.
Refrigeration is a must with this recipe. Once prepared, pumpkin overnight oats will last for about 4-5 days.
Can You Warm Overnight Oats?
Yes, if preferred. However this pumpkin pie overnight oats, served directly from the fridge, is just perfect!
For delicious warm breakfast ideas try this chunky monkey oatmeal with its salty sweet combination and the little bit of chocolate on the top! Or for something a little different, give this cherry oatmeal with almond milk a try!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt or plain regular yogurt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (rolled oats) (or rolled oats)
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, almond milk, pumpkin puree, honey, and vanilla.
- Add oats, chia seeds, and pumpkin pie spice and mix to combine.
- Divide evenly between 6 containers. Top with pecans if using. Refrigerate overnight.
- Store overnight oats in covered containers in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!