Nothing beats the heavenly aroma of anything baked with Pumpkin Spice, and fall baking would not be the same without it!
Every year as soon as fall begins and there’s a chill in the air, pumpkin inspired flavors are everywhere! We can thank Starbucks for starting the pumpkin spiced latte coffee trend, but Dunkin Donuts and Panera have joined in too. So it seems that the pumpkin flavor craze is everywhere. Perfect time to bake up favorite fall treats like Pumpkin Cranberry Bread or Pumpkin Pie Crunch.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Pumpkin Spice recipe to your SPICES Board!
What is Pumpkin Spice?
- This easy spice mix is the perfect blend of just a few aromatic ingredients but it’s also found in creamers, syrups, ice creams, cheesecakes, and all sorts of other yummy desserts.
- Make this pumpkin recipe spice at home and mix it into muffins, cookies, cakes, pies, breads, or even sprinkle onto oatmeal or mix into waffles for a fun Fall breakfast. Or simply stir it into a cup of coffee or some hot cocoa. The kids love it!
- Sugar-free, with only a few calories and a little bit of anti-oxidant nutrition, why not make an extra batch to share with a friend?
Ingredients and Variations
This pumpkin inspired spice mix has very distinct ingredients that give it its uniquely sweet-savory aroma and flavor but some other ingredients can be added to personalize the blend.
Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice are the basic ingredients for this spice mix, but add a little dried lemon or orange peel add a citrusy scent and flavor that is especially good in muffins and breads.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice
Just mix and sprinkle!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. (As per recipe below)
- Transfer to a jar.
- Or, add all of the ingredients to a mason jar, seal & shake vigorously.
Storing Pumpkin Spice
Keep this spice mix in a cool, dry pantry, in an airtight container with the other dry seasonings and spices.
How to Use Pumpkin Spice
Add this mix to add pumpkin flavor to a simple streusel, granola, sprinkle on top of freshly whipped cream, or even add to pancake mix. It can be used in a multitude of recipes!
Recipes You Will Love!
A short-list of recipe ideas that will become family favorites every fall:
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread – zesty and delicious!
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts With Glaze – perfect for fall.
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins – easy to make.
- French Toast Casserole With Apples – simple brunch recipe!
- Easy Pumpkin Bars – for a last minute dessert.
- 4 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice optional
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients very well.
- Store in a mason jar with a lid or another air tight container.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.