Moist, delicious and easy pumpkin muffins that the family will go bonkers over can be achieved with this quick and simple Pumpkin Pie Muffins recipe.
Just beware the chef may be asked to make them every day! Made with invigorating and spicy pumpkin spice, pumpkin pie filling, and all the basic ingredients that make the perfect muffin, these are by far the best pumpkin muffins ever. It may be a good idea to double this recipe, so extras can be frozen or devoured at will. And the best part? These freeze like a dream, so make plenty!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Pumpkin Pie Muffins recipe to your BAKING Board!
Perfectly Moist Muffins
- Moist, tender, and filled with the delicious and comforting flavors of pumpkin spice this muffin recipe is sure to be a hit. Make them for breakfast, dessert, or as a lunch box snack.
- This easy pumpkin muffin recipe is so simple to toss together, plus it has a healthy serving of pumpkin!
- This recipe is also a great way to use up that extra can of pumpkin pie filling leftover from the last holiday meal.
- Love pumpkin? Then try this Pumpkin Loaf, Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies,and Easy Pumpkin Bars.
What’s in Pumpkin Muffins?
PIE SPICE – Pumpkin spice is usually made with a combination of cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. It can be found in the spice or baking aisle of the supermarket, or made easily at home with this Pumpkin Spice recipe.
PIE FILLING – When purchasing the pumpkin for this recipe, remember to look for the pumpkin pie filling and not the pumpkin puree. The puree does not have all the extra pie spices that will give this recipe its distinctive spiciness.
BASIC MUFFIN INGREDIENTS – This recipe calls for all the usual ingredients for muffins – flour, sugar (brown and white), milk, eggs, and vanilla. Another option is to use a cake mix in place of the muffin ingredients. Prepare according to the box directions.
- Replace the nuts with some chocolate chips.
- Make a gluten free version with gluten free flour like Bob’s Red Mill.
- Make them into pumpkin swirl cream cheese muffins. In a separate bowl mix 6oz cream cheese, with 1 egg yolk, 1/4 cup sugar. Swirl this into the batter.
- Or make them into mini muffins
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Perfectly delicious pumpkin muffins made quick and easy:
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
How to Store Pumpkin Muffins
The most important thing about storing muffins is to let them completely cool. Line an airtight container with paper towels, place the muffins on top, layer with more paper towels on top. This will absorb any moisture in the muffins and will keep them from getting soggy. To freeze, individually wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze.
Best Muffin Recipes
- Sourdough Rhubarb Muffins – bright and flavorful!
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins– rich dessert muffin-
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins – hearty & healthy.
- Monkey Bread Muffins – breakfast favorite!
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – so good!
Pumpkin Pie Muffins
- ¾ cup flour all purpose
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour or additional all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces pumpkin pie filling such as Libby's®
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar or additional white sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin (or line with paper liners).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin pie filling, sugars, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and fold together until batter is just combined. Fold in nuts if using.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin wells (using a cookie scoop). Batter will fill just below the brims.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool muffins in the tin for 10 minutes, then carefully remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Make a double batch because it is easy to do and the muffins freeze great!
- If muffin tins are larger than normal, extend bake time to about about 34 minutes
- If using batter to make a cake, a 9” round cake pan will bake for about 40 minutes
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Pumpkin Pie Muffins recipe!
Recipe very slightly adapted from Allrecipes