Ever heard of pumpkin cornbread or pumpkin cornbread muffins? Not only is it divine to enjoy with a huge dollop of jam or a smear of (real!) honey butter, but the whole house will smell divine when these pop out of the oven!
Treat your coworkers to a fresh batch of these easy pumpkin cornbread muffins on a Friday morning! Serve these pumpkin cornbread muffins on the Thanksgiving or Christmas table with Baked Pumpkin Donuts With Pumpkin Spice Glaze and Pumpkin Pie Crunch and you will be in pumpkin heaven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins recipe to your Baking Board!
What to Make With Jiffy Mix
Jiffy boxed mixes are so fun to experiment with, aren’t they? This Jiffy pumpkin cornbread recipe comes together in minutes and you can bake mini-muffins, regular-sized muffins, and even Texas-sized pumpkin cornbread muffins! SO. MANY. THINGS!
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins – my most popular recipe, for a reason!!
- Blueberry Corn Muffins
- Orange Cranberry Muffins – LOVE this combo!
- Mexican Cornbread
- Cornbread Pancakes
- Cornbread Stuffing – seriously, yum!
- Honey Cornbread Muffins – easy, AND delicious!
And…, the list goes on!!
How to Make Pumpkin Cornbread
For the best pumpkin cornbread, use whole milk for a rich flavor. Another trick is to briefly toast the pecans in a saute pan (or bake them in the oven) to make them extra flavorful and crunchy!
- Preheat oven and grease muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
- Mix the muffin mix and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins (using a cookie scoop or spoon) and bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack about 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container such as Stasher bags or zip top bags. Be sure to label them!
What to Serve With Pumpkin Cornbread
This pumpkin cornbread recipe is sweet, but also savory and that makes it so, so versatile. It makes for a hearty, healthful breakfast, the perfect sized afternoon snack, and a late-night treat with a mug of hot chocolate! To amp up the sweetness, add honey for honey pumpkin cornbread muffins. Serve it with chili, Simple Beef Stroganoff, Smoked Pulled Pork, or a simple slather of Honey Butter alongside your pumpkin spice latte.
If you make this easy pumpkin cornbread in a 9x9x3 loaf pan, you can cut it into small cubes for stuffing your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey! It will be the best pumpkin Jiffy stuffing you will ever make – what a special surprise for your friends and family!
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin (I use butter).
- Mix muffin mix, egg, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar stir well, but until just combined. Fold in pecans.
- Using 3 Tablespoon cookie scoop, fill muffin tin ⅔ full (9 muffins).
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until tops are golden brown. Cool in muffin tin for 3 minutes and carefully remove and cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
PIN this Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins recipe!
Recipe from Jiffy