It’s that time of year again! All things pumpkin and pumpkin pie spiced and flavored! This super easy to make pumpkin pie crunch is perfect for dipping into a coffee or cocoa or milk…or, why not crunch it up and top with vanilla ice cream.
Pumpkin pie crunch is a perfect dessert this time of year when you are looking for a pumpkin fix (I actually make it all year round!). Try it with Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Noodles or Hamburger Pasta Medley on a cool Autumn day. A friend introduced me to pumpkin pie crunch a few years ago, and it has become a staple in my world!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Pumpkin Pie Crunch recipe to your Desserts Board!
How to Make Pumpkin Crunch Pie
This is the easiest pumpkin pie cake recipe you will ever see! Done in mere minutes and the whole kitchen (and house) will smell heavenly!
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a casserole dish.
- Mix together everything except the cake mix and butter and spread over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the liquid mixture and drizzle the butter on the top.
Bake for about an hour and ten minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle of the pumpkin pie cake comes out clean.
Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream! Why not a few squirts of caramel sauce or hot fudge? The yellow cake mix in this pumpkin pie dump cake can be switched out for a spice cake mix or even butter pecan (and add pecans too!)! Try replacing half of the sugar with brown sugar. So many variations, all of them work perfectly!
This pumpkin crunch recipe is beyond versatile. You can even layer it with whipped cream and make a pumpkin whoopie pie! Try a mixture of 8 ounces of cream cheese, 2 cups of powdered sugar and a small container of whipped topping for a really decadent treat.
Do You Have to Refrigerate a Dump Cake?
It’s still a regular cake, so unless you like your cake cold, there is no reason to refrigerate it. Just make sure it stays out of direct heat (like sunlight) and stays covered.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Pie Cake?
As long as it stays sealed well, pumpkin pie cake can be frozen easily! Keep it flat and airtight, label the outside and it will be good to go the next time you want a sweet treat!
What Can I Make With Pumpkin?
Aside from smoothies, muffins, and pasta sauces, canned pumpkin is a powerhouse of savory nutrition! Add some to vanilla pudding or vanilla ice cream for a seasonal staple and freeze some pumpkin in ice cube trays for an instant thickener to soups and sauces! Don’t forget about pumpkin scones, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin cranberry bread. The pumpkin list goes on!
To reheat pumpkin crunch cake, warm in your microwave for about 45 seconds.
Here are some more pumpkin favorites:
- Pumpkin Energy Balls – easy snacks
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats – can’t beat premade breakfast!
- Homemade Pumpkin Seeds – crunchy and tasty!
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts With Pumpkin Spice Glaze – oh so good!
Pumpkin Pie Crunch
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree 1 can, not pumpkin pie filling
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over top of the pumpkin mixture. Carefully drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until set. Serve warm with whipped cream or whipped topping.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
PIN this Pumpkin Pie Crunch recipe!
Recipe from Michele