Instant Pot Chicken And Noodles is quick and easy, perfect for a weekday meal.
Instant Pot creamy chicken and noodles is the perfect taste of Italy with zesty Italian seasoning, a delicious creamy sauce, and noodles, all in one pot.
Cooking chicken in the Instant Pot is quick and easy. And this Instant Pot chicken and noodles dish can be on your table in under 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for last minute guests. Start with hot artichoke dip, add a salad with Italian dressing and make an easy peach crisp for dessert and you’re all set!
Delish Instant Pot Meal!
- Looking for a bit of a change from a more traditional spaghetti pasta meal? Then this chicken and noodles made in the Instant Pot is the right choice!
- Using simple ingredients like ground chicken and peas, that are easy to keep on hand in the freezer, plus canned soup and pasta, which are always pantry ready, this recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal.
- Using an Instant Pot, found here on Amazon, may feel intimidating at first. But read the instructions, use it a few times and fall in love with it! There are so many Instant Pot recipes, and this simple Instant Pot chicken recipes is one to make time and time again.
- And let’s not forget just how creamy and delicious this dish is!
CHICKEN: Ground chicken is called for in this recipe, but diced chicken breast works equally well. Use chicken that is thawed, or start from frozen. This would also be delicious with ground Italian sausage or ground beef.
PASTA: Dry pasta like rotini is perfect in this recipe, but really any short pasta will do. Try penne, fusilli, cavatappi or even simple macaroni!
CANNED SOUP: Cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup are called for here, but any creamy soup will do. Try cream of celery, or cream of asparagus or broccoli. Why not add a can of drained mushrooms for something a bit extra!
PEAS: Along with the frozen peas, why not add frozen corn and even frozen carrots to make this dish a bit more healthy.
CHEESE: Use cream cheese to make this Instant Pot recipe so creamy and delish. Add some parmesan cheese to create a chicken parmesan pasta.
SEASONING: The ground chicken is well seasoned with Italian dressing mix because of its strong zesty flavor that everyone loves. For a bit more mild flavor use just 1 Tablespoon of the mix instead of 2 .
How Long to Cook Chicken in Instant Pot
Thawed ground chicken cooks quickly using the saute setting on the Instant Pot. Just heat some oil, add the ground chicken and brown it for a couple of minutes. Break it up just like ground beef.
Use a meat chopper tool, found here on Amazon or at Walmart, to easily break up the chicken. It’s especially handy for frozen ground chicken, and is great for all types of ground meat. Use it also to mash vegetables, fruits, potatoes, scrambled eggs, even for sauces.
For this recipe, the chicken is just browned and not cooked all the way through. The pressure cooker will complete the cooking process and make the chicken so tender and delicious!
Serving And Storing!
This dish is a meal in itself. But it is also wonderful with a side wedge salad or a Kale caesar salad. Or try some roasted cauliflower or green beans as a side. Don’t forget to clean the bowl with a slice of sourdough bread.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for about 4 days in a covered container. It’s easiest to reheat in the microwave and add about 1 tablespoon milk or broth to loosen everything up.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 Tablespoons Italian dressing mix (or 2 packets) divided
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- ½ cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup *
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup * no sodium
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 8 ounces cream cheese (not spreadable) cut into cubes, room temperature if possible
- Turn Instant Pot on sautee. Add olive oil and heat until hot.
- Add 1 packet (2 Tablespoons) Italian dressing mix after 2 minutes. Cook meat until broken up resembles cooked ground beef (and will hold its shape). This takes about 4 minutes and the meat will not be thoroughly cooked yet.
- Add chicken broth, water, pasta. Pasta should be almost completely covered, and if not, it will be covered by the soup.
- Add two cans of soup and remaining 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing mix** (see note) on top of noodles.
- Set Instant Pot to cook on Manual for 4 minutes. Natural release for 4 minutes, then Quick release. Add peas and cream cheese and stir until peas are heated and cheese is incorporated. *If you have a chance to let it sit for a couple minutes before stirring, add peas and cream cheese, cover and let it sit. This will help the cream cheese to melt and incorporate.
- *Cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup may be used interchangeably, including using two of the same soups.
- **Using the homemade Italian dressing mix makes for a strong seasoning flavor. For a more mild seasoning flavor, consider using 1 Tablespoon (rather than 2) or half of a packet.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!