Instant Pot Chicken And Noodles is a quick and easy weekday meal.
Instant Pot creamy chicken and noodles are the perfect taste of Italy with zesty Italian seasoning, a delicious creamy sauce, and noodles, all in one pot.
Ready in 20 minutes, this easy recipe is always a family favorite!
Delicious Instant Pot Meal!
- This Instant Pot chicken and noodles dish can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
- This recipe uses simple ingredients like ground chicken and peas, canned soup, and pasta, which are always pantry-ready.
- It will be hard not to reach for seconds of this creamy and delicious dish!
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – This recipe is made with ground chicken, diced chicken breast works great too! Use chicken that is thawed or start from frozen. This would also be delicious with ground Italian sausage or ground beef.
Pasta – Dry pasta like rotini is perfect in this recipe, but any short pasta will do. Try penne, fusilli, cavatappi, or macaroni!
Canned Soup – This recipe uses cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, but any creamy soup will do. Try cream of celery, cream of asparagus, or cream of broccoli.
Cheese – Use cream cheese for an extra creamy dish. Add some parmesan cheese to create a chicken parmesan pasta.
Seasoning – The ground chicken is well seasoned with Italian dressing mix!
How to Cook Chicken in Instant Pot
- Saute the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Add the dressing mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook (per the recipe below).
Tips and Tricks
Thawed ground chicken cooks quickly using the saute setting on the Instant Pot. Just heat some oil, add the ground chicken, and brown it for a couple of minutes. Break it up just like ground beef.
For this recipe, the chicken is just browned and not cooked all the way through. The pressure cooker will complete the cooking process and make the chicken so tender and delicious!
Serving And Storing!
This dish is a meal in itself, while also being wonderful with a side wedge salad or a Kale caesar salad. Or try some roasted cauliflower or green beans . Don’t forget to clean the bowl with a slice of sourdough bread.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for about 4 days in a covered container. It’s easiest to reheat in the microwave and add about 1 tablespoon of milk or broth to loosen everything up.
Did you try this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles? Leave a comment and rating below.
Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 Tablespoons Italian dressing mix (or 2 packets) divided
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- ½ cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup *
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup * no sodium
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 8 ounces cream cheese (not spreadable) cut into cubes, room temperature if possible
- Turn Instant Pot on sautee. Add olive oil and heat until hot.
- Add 1 packet (2 Tablespoons) Italian dressing mix after 2 minutes. Cook meat until broken up resembles cooked ground beef (and will hold its shape). This takes about 4 minutes and the meat will not be thoroughly cooked yet.
- Add chicken broth, water, pasta. Pasta should be almost completely covered, and if not, it will be covered by the soup.
- Add two cans of condensed soup and the remaining 2 Tablespoons of Italian dressing mix** (see note) on top of the noodles.
- Set Instant Pot to cook on Manual for 4 minutes. Natural release for 4 minutes, then Quick release. Add peas and cream cheese and stir until peas are heated and cheese is incorporated. *If you have a chance to let it sit for a couple minutes before stirring, add peas and cream cheese, cover, and let it sit. This will help the cream cheese to melt and incorporate.
- *Cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup may be used interchangeably, including using two of the same soups.
- **Using the homemade Italian dressing mix makes for a strong seasoning flavor. For a more mild seasoning flavor, consider using 1 Tablespoon (rather than 2) or half of a packet.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!