Instant Pot Italian Chicken is quick and easy, perfect for a weekday meal. Instant Pot creamy chicken and noodles is the perfect taste of Italy with zesty Italian seasoning, a delicious creamy sauce, and noodles, all in one pot.
I love cooking chicken in the Instant Pot. It’s a great way to cook chicken quickly and this Instant Pot chicken and noodles dish will be on your table in under 30 minutes! Start with Hot Artichoke Dip, add a salad with Italian dressing and make an Easy Peach Crisp for dessert and you’re all set!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Noodles recipe to your Instant Pot Board!
My sister and mom gave me my Instant Pot as a gift. Check them out here on Amazon. At first, I wasn’t too sure how to use it and felt slightly intimidated, but I love it and have never turned back! I love making all of the best Instant Pot recipes, and let me tell you, this is one of those simple Instant Pot chicken recipes that you’ll make time and time again.
We always have plenty of frozen chicken breasts and ground chicken in the freezer. I’m often thinking about what to make with ground chicken, and want an easy Instant Pot chicken recipe to make for our family. Really, you can’t go wrong with Instant Pot creamy chicken pasta. I may even consider it among the best Instant Pot chicken recipes that I make!
How Long to Cook Chicken in Instant Pot
This Instant Pot chicken and pasta dish uses ground chicken. Can you fry chicken in an Instant Pot? Yes, it’s easy to fry ground chicken in the Instant Pot. If you’re not sure how to cook ground chicken, the secret is to saute the ground chicken in the Instant Pot with oil for a couple of minutes and break it up like you would with ground beef.
I love using a meat chopper tool to easily break up the ground chicken, especially if I pop it in frozen. You can find them here on Amazon or at Walmart. They are great for all types of ground meat, for making scrambled eggs, mashing vegetables, fruits, potatoes and even for making sauces. If you don’t have a handy meat chopper utensil, you can use a wooden spoon.
Since you’ll be using the pressure cooker, it is not necessary to fully cook the ground chicken. Rather you want it to be broken up and slightly browned.
Can I use Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot?
Yes, you can use frozen ground chicken in the Instant Pot. Simply saute it and constantly break it up as it defrosts. Cooking frozen chicken will take longer, but works if you forgot to take your chicken out of the freezer. It works best if you use the meat chopper tool or a heavy duty wooden spoon.
The ground chicken is well seasoned with Italian dressing mix. It’s such a nice strong zesty flavor and we love it. If you prefer a little milder flavor, when adding the Italian dressing mix on top of the noodles, consider adding only 1 Tablespoon rather than 2 Tablespoons.
What Else Can I Add to Instant Pot Italian Chicken?
Make this more of an Instant Pot creamy chicken mushroom and noodles by replacing the cream of chicken soup with a second can of cream of mushroom soup and adding a can of drained mushrooms. Along with the frozen peas, add frozen corn and even frozen carrots to make Instant Pot chicken and vegetables. Add some parmesan cheese for Instant Pot chicken parmesan pasta. All of them are delicious and so easy to prepare.
If you’re looking for a tomato based Instant Pot pasta recipe, try Instant Pot Pasta With Sausage. It’s also super easy and oh so tasty!
The Italian chicken Instant Pot recipe is the best Instant Pot chicken dinner recipe I have created! I love it when I’m looking for a bit of a change from a more traditional spaghetti pasta meal.
I really hope your family enjoys this Instant Pot Italian chicken recipe as much as my 2 yr old son did when we first had it. I haven’t forgotten, because it was so cute! His response to his first bite was: “I love this mama. Is there more mama?” Three servings later he was done!
Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 Tablespoons Italian dressing mix (or 2 packets) divided
- 1 pound rotini noodles
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- ½ cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup *
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup * no sodium
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 8 ounces cream cheese (not spreadable) cut into cubes, room temperature if possible
- Turn Instant Pot on sautee. Add olive oil and heat until hot.
- Add 1 packet (2 Tablespoons) Italian dressing mix after 2 minutes. Cook meat until broken up resembles cooked ground beef (and will hold its shape). This takes about 4 minutes and the meat will not be thoroughly cooked yet.
- Add chicken broth, water, pasta. Pasta should be almost completely covered, and if not, it will be covered by the soup.
- Add two cans of soup and remaining 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing mix** (see note) on top of noodles.
- Set Instant Pot to cook on Manual for 4 minutes. Natural release for 4 minutes, then Quick release. Add peas and cream cheese and stir until peas are heated and cheese is incorporated. *If you have a chance to let it sit for a couple minutes before stirring, add peas and cream cheese, cover and let it sit. This will help the cream cheese to melt and incorporate.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Pin this Instant Pot Italian Chicken recipe!