Make this mighty yet mild Oven Roasted Cauliflower as a side dish for dinner tonight!
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable and it’s simple to prepare. Break it up into florets and toss with oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper for a healthy and easy side dish. Make it as a stand alone dish or convert it to cauliflower rice. Add it to other recipes such as soups, casseroles or stir fries. And cauliflower can be roasted from fresh or frozen, making it even more convenient! So bake a tray of Oven Roasted Cauliflower for dinner tonight.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Oven Roasted Cauliflower recipe to your SIDE DISHES Board!
Favorite Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Chop it, toss it, and roast it! There really isn’t a lot of prep to make this crunchy and flavorful cauliflower recipe. And the best part is that it doesn’t take long to cook either.
- Cauliflower is low in carbs and full of nutrients like vitamin K, making it a favorite healthy side dish.
- With just a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, this roasted cauliflower is deliciously mild and pairs nicely with Smoked Pulled Pork, or along side Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken or with Kung Pao Chicken.
CAULIFLOWER – Buy whole fresh, white and bright cauliflower heads. Avoid ones with brown spots or that are a little limp. Frozen cauliflower can also be used with this recipe, just don’t let it thaw before cooking. Remember to chop both frozen or fresh cauliflower into bite-sized pieces for even roasting.
THE ADD-ONS – The extra here is so simple and easy, just a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
Cauliflower has a mild flavor and tastes delicious with various seasonings like BBQ, taco or Everything Bagel Seasoning. Or, after roasting, sprinkle cooked cauliflower with some parmesan and/or cheddar cheese, then place under a broiler for a few minutes. It’s a delicious cheesy delight that everyone will love!
Instead of bite-sized pieces cut them into flat portions and make cauliflower steak. This can be oven roasted, but is also delicious cooked this way on the grill.
Try adding other vegetables to the roasting pan such as chopped broccoli or carrots. It’s a perfect way to satisfy everyone at the table.
Convert roasted cauliflower into cauliflower rice! After it has cooled, pulse in the blender until it has the consistency of rice. Pan fry with some oil, or lay flat on a baking sheet and freeze for use at a later date.
How to Roast Cauliflower
This simple side dish can be ready in no time.
- Cut the cauliflower.
- Drizzle with oil, and toss with spices.
- Cook as per the recipe below and serve.
PRO TIP: If cooking a larger cauliflower that requires two pans, use a convection oven or cook in two batches at 400°F.
Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Cauliflower is a friend of the freezer so don’t hesitate to freeze those leftovers! They will keep in the freezer for 3-4 months. Then, to reheat, preheat the oven to 425°F, place on a pan and cook for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Other Easy Recipes!
- Oven Roasted Radishes – a delicious, low carb side!
- Oven Roasted Beets – so colorful.
- Roasted Green Beans – perfectly tender crisp.
- Oven Roasted Asparagus– as a side or appetizer.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower about 1 pound*, cut into large sized pieces (5-6 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus to taste for serving
- freshly ground black pepper for serving, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Clean and dry cauliflower and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place on the lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and toss**. Spread evenly leaving space between the cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes (flipping after 15 minutes if desired)***, and check for doneness.
- Sprinkle with pepper and additional salt to taste, then serve immediately.
**If preferred, toss together cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder if using, and salt in a large bowl and spread out on the baking tray.
***For more crisp cauliflower, expect about 18-20 minutes, for softer cauliflower, about 23-25 minutes. Flipping is not required but may help with more even browning.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.