Sugar free freezer pectin makes this recipe so quick and easy, you’ll want to make extra to share with friends and family! Best of all, this no cook recipe does not need any complicated canning equipment. This versatile recipe can be made with other berries and fruit, and will store for up to a year in the freezer. It’s never been so easy to enjoy the sweet taste of summer all through the winter!
Sugar-Free Freezer Jam Recipe
- This isn’t the traditional canning method that Grandma used to use! This strawberry freezer jam recipe has 2 ingredients and just 3 steps! Even the kids will want to help make freezer jam!
- Sugar-free means only the natural sweetness of the strawberries is detected. Perfect for people who are watching their sugar intake.
- An excellent, guilt free topping for so many foods, you’ll want to make a second batch to freeze!
2 Ingredient Recipe
STRAWBERRIES: Choose fresh strawberries that are free of debris or bruises. Be sure to remove the hull and rinse them well. If using frozen strawberries, drain them in a colander until they are dry enough to use. PRO TIP: Save the juice and add it to a smoothie!
FREEZER PECTIN: This recipe is made possible thanks to the availability of sugar free pectin, such as Bernardin No Sugar Needed Freezer Jam Pectin, made with sweetener instead of sugar. Alternatively, plain freezer pectin could be used with your preferred sugar free sweetener to taste to make a regular no cook freezer jam!
Variations To Try
- This recipe for sugar free strawberry jam can be easily altered by substituting or mixing and matching with other fresh fruits.
- Try it with other fruits. Make rhubarb, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, or peach freezer jam and enjoy the bounty of summer all year long!
How To Make Sugar Free Jam
Follow these simple steps for the easiest homemade jam ever!
- Mash hulled and rinsed strawberries to reach 4 cups (as per recipe below).
- Simply stir berries and pectin, then pour into jars or containers.
- Cover, date the jars and freeze for up to one year. Or refrigerate and use within 3 weeks.
Tips For Success!
- Pectin will work best if the strawberries (fresh or frozen) are at room temperature.
- Use a timer in Step 2 to be sure the process of stirring and waiting is accurate. This ensures the proper gel before pouring it into the jars.
- If adding other fresh fruits, mash them with the strawberries so they have the same consistency. Peaches perform best in this recipe if they are peeled first, or use frozen peaches and thaw them first.
- Try for an even texture when mashing the strawberries.
- The jam will thicken as it sets. If you’d like, test the jam’s consistency by adding ⅓ cup mashed berries with ½ teaspoon no sugar added pectin. (Or simply make a tiny batch for the freshest jam!)
- If you prefer a thicker jam, leave a little of the berry juice behind, and just before adding it to the jars, add juice to get the desired consistency. Note: Adding more sugar free pectin may make the jam more sweet than you’d like.
More Strawberry Love!
- Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe – with sugar
- Easy Strawberry Butter – a decadent topping
- Strawberry Poke Cake – fruity and delicious
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie – breakfast or snack
Sugar Free Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 4 cups mashed strawberries just over 4 pounds (about 4 ¼ pounds before hulling
- 5 Tablespoons no sugar needed freezer jam pectin (1 pouch) or your favorite no sugar pectin
- Wash and hull strawberries. Using a potato masher or meat chopper, mash strawberries to reach 4 cups.
- In a large bowl, add berries and pectin. Stir together for 1 minute. Allow to rest for 2 minutes and stir again.
- Add jam to jars, leaving ½ inch at the top. Wipe jar rims and cover with lids.
- Freeze for up to 1 year, or refrigerate for 3 weeks.
- Use room temperature berries, and use a timer, for best results.
- Mash berries to an even consistency if possible.
- If using peaches, peel them first. Or use frozen peaches and thaw them first.
- Prefer a thicker jam? Just leave some of the juices from the mashed berries behind. The jam will thicken as it sits.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!