Yogurt Bowls are all the rage right now because they are creamy, delicious and totally customizable!
You can find a yogurt bowl recipe on any smoothie bar menu, as an alternative to sugar and fat-laden coffees and pastries. Yogurt breakfast bowls are a healthy way to start the day, as the perfect after school snack or as a super tasty dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Yogurt Bowl recipe to your BREAKFAST Board!
We Love Yogurt Bowls!
We don’t know anyone who doesn’t love yogurt bowls! Not only are they quick and easy to prepare, but a new version can be made every day! Our yogurt bowl recipe is so easy, even the kids can build them on their own! And if you’re whipping up several for a party or picnic, add a couple of edible flowers to each for an elegant presentation!
Gather up a variety of add-ins, toppings, and your favorite yogurt, and whip up a bowl full of delicious nutrition. Create a DIY yogurt bowl bar for parties or sleepovers! Yogurt bowls are also a fun and healthy alternative to traditional birthday cakes!
What Goes in a Yogurt Bowl?
YOGURT – Experiment with all kinds of yogurts, but firmer yogurts like Greek yogurt hold up better with the add-ins and toppings.
FLAVORS – Try different flavor combinations like mango and coconut, strawberry and mini chocolate chips, or bananas and peanut butter! So many possibilities! Some of our favorite mix-ins are peanut butter, oatmeal, muesli, granola, honey, fruit, or fruit jam or jelly.
TOPPINGS – And the toppings list is endless! But here’s a few ideas to get you started! Chia seeds, acai berries, chopped dried cherries or cranberries, cooked quinoa, dried fruit, mini chocolate chips, chopped pieces of fruit, toasted nuts, and even sugar-free coffee syrups can be added to a yogurt fruit bowl. Yogurt parfaits are grab-and-go yogurt bowls that are layered in clear, plastic cups with lids. Add a spoon and you’re good to go!
How To Make Yogurt Smoothie Bowls
This is the easy part!
- Mix yogurt, coconut, and lemon zest and scoop into the bottom of a bowl (or cup for a parfait).
- Swirl in strawberry (or other fruit-based jam), then top with your fave fruit toppings and enjoy!
Storing Yogurt Bowls
- Yogurt bowls are best eaten just after they are made. But keep leftovers in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
- Yogurt bowls are perfect to add to a backpack or lunchbox, just be sure to put them in containers with tightly fitted lids and a small ice-pack.
- Mix your yogurt bowl together and then freeze it. What a delicious frozen yogurt treat to enjoy for dessert or on a hot day!
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas!
- Banana Granola Bars – perfect grab and go!
- Banana Overnight Oats – make ahead for busy mornings.
- Instant Pot Yogurt – easy to make.
- Overnight Oats – simple to customize
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie – full of flavor!
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional
- 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam or other berry flavored jam or jelly
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh berries blackberries blueberries, strawberries
- dried fruit
- sliced bananas
- 2 Tablespoons quick oats
- 1 Tablespoon cooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- edible flowers
- Mix together yogurt, ½ teaspoon coconut, and lemon zest (if using).
- Add drops of strawberry jam to top of yogurt and lightly swirl into yogurt.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut, chia seeds, and berries. Enjoy!
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.