These super easy air fryer sweet cream cheese wontons are stuffed with cream cheese and blueberries and bursting with sweet flavor.
We love air fryer dessert recipes! Blueberry cheesecake wontons are a perfect way to use the bounty of summer berries! Or, why not try raspberries, blackberries, or cherries? For a smaller portion of blueberry pie, these little hand pies are the perfect solution for a craving for sweets — without busting your waistline!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Wontons Recipe to your Desserts Board!
Why We Love Air Fryer Baked Wontons
Call them fruit-filled wontons, egg rolls, fritters, or turnovers! Everyone knows air fryer desserts are light and fluffy! And because they’re made without additional fat, these little blueberry cheesecake wontons do not disappoint! What’s so great about this blueberry cheesecake filled wonton recipe? Well, they are a cinch to make, to heat, and fun to eat! Even the kids can help!
For a party, a picnic, or a potluck invite, kids love these and you can feel good about providing a healthy dessert version! They are so easy that my kiddos love making them and they make a great after school snack. Make a few dozen of these baked blueberry wontons and share with a crowd! Count on it, baked blueberry egg rolls will be a hit with any crowd!
Ingredients and Variations
Air fryer sweet cream cheese wontons are easily adapted to other fruits and flavors!
FRUIT: The cream cheese makes the perfect base for peach, apple, banana, or even a rhubarb filling! Frozen berries work just as well as long as they are thawed and drained. But, for best results, whole fresh berries are the way to go!
OTHER FILLING OPTIONS: Baked cream cheese wontons don’t even need to have fruit! Why not try cinnamon sugar, chocolate syrup, strawberry or other preserves, or Nutella?
Why not dip fruit-filled cheesecake wontons in caramel sauce or spicy chocolate sauce? For a fun dessert buffet, make a variety of fruit-filled cheesecake wontons and offer them with some fun sauces for mixing and matching!
How to Make Wonton Wrapper Desserts
Making a super special dessert has never been so easy! Here’s a quick overview of the steps involved.
- Mix together all the ingredients in the recipe below (except wonton wrappers, of course).
- Separate and lay out the wonton wrappers and place a small scoop of blueberry cream cheese mixture in the center of each.
- Wet edges of two sides and fold over from corner to corner to seal. They should be shaped like triangles.
- Place wontons evenly spaced on air fryer rack, and spray each with cooking oil. Bake until golden brown and sprinkle with powdered sugar. They’re great served piping hot!
Storing Air Fryer Dessert Wontons
Leftover blueberry cheesecake wontons can be stored in an airtight container overnight. At most, they can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The best way to reheat blueberry cheesecake wontons is to place them in the air fryer or a toaster oven to crisp them up again. They might not look as perfect, but they will taste awesome!
Freezing these dessert wontons is not a good idea because thawing dairy products is always a challenge. But the air fryer makes this recipe so easy, why not just make a fresh batch?
Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Wontons
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup blueberries quartered (fresh or frozen)
- 12 wonton wrapper
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar optional
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and blueberries.
- Lay out 12 wonton wrappers. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between the wrappers. On two edges, add water using your finger. Fold over into a triangle shape and tightly press edges to seal. Place on air fryer tray and lightly spray with cooking spray.*
- Bake in air fryer for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake Wontons Recipe!
Inspired by Life’s Ambrosia