Churros con chocolate has become a favorite dessert not just in Latin American countries, but everywhere!
A churro recipe baked until crispy is perfect for dipping! Churros and chocolate go together like milk and cookies or toast and jam! So delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Spicy Chocolate Sauce for Churros Recipe to your Dessert Board!
Churros con Chocolate
The name churro originates from Spain, and now they can be found at amusement parks, county and state fairs, and sporting events! BUT, we kick it up a notch! The luscious, gooey chocolate dip is spiced with just a hint of cayenne pepper.
When matched with churros baked in the oven (or air fried if desired), instead of fried, they are healthier than traditional deep-fried versions. So there is no guilt in splurging for this amazing cinnamon chocolate dipping sauce to go with them!
Churros have a lightly sweetened flavor that pairs well with other dipping sauces like caramel, marshmallow, and fruit-based sauces too. But churros with chocolate is the original dipper, and definitely my favorite!
(How could I not show this cuteness that is my boy eating this amazing spicy chocolate sauce?)
How to Make Chocolate Sauce for Churros
Chocolate con churros sauce is super easy to make and only uses five ingredients!
- Pour heated heavy cream over chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Let the mixture sit for about four minutes, whisk thoroughly to blend them together.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
For chocolate stuffed churros, pipe spicy chocolate sauce or melted chocolate into one end of each churro, wrap in a napkin or parchment paper and serve!
Air Fryer Churros with Chocolate Sauce
Pipe churro dough into preheated air fryer and heat until crispy and brown, about ten minutes. Air fryer churros are light and delectable, and they go SO well with this delectable spicy chocolate sauce!!
How to Eat Churros and Chocolate
Once churros are cool enough to handle, wrap them in pieces of parchment paper or napkins (to keep hands from getting sticky) and dip away!
Serve the chocolate sauce in small bowls or two-ounce containers for portable double-dipping fun!
How to Store and Reheat
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- To reheat, simply scoop the sauce in a microwave-safe bowl and reheat ten seconds at a time, stirring between each reheat. Feel free to add a little more cinnamon or cayenne to refresh the flavors.
- Keep churros in a zippered bag or Stasher Bag at room temperature until ready to reheat.
- Reheat in the microwave about 30 seconds or for a crispier reheat, place in a preheated oven at 350° F, and bake about 10 minutes.
Churros are the perfect portable snack!
Spicy Chocolate Sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Up to ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Heat heavy cream over medium high heat until just bubbling. Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Whisk until mixed. Add butter, cinnamon, and cayenne if using, and whisk until fully combined.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Pin this Spicy Chocolate Sauce for Churros here!
Slightly adapted from Sugar Hero