Don’t you just love your Instant Pot? This Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup is super easy to make; it literally makes itself! This stuffed bell pepper soup recipe goes from counter prep to Instant Pot to the table in less than 30 minutes!
Stuffed pepper soup is a healthy, whole meal deal that everyone will love! You can even make this soup in a slow cooker or a crock pot if you have the time, but why not put that amazing Instant Pot to good use?
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup to your Instant Pot Board!
For the best stuffed pepper soup Instant Pot recipe, start with super fresh ingredients and proper prep, then let your Instant Pot do its magic! Also, it’s nearly impossible to have soup without bread or crackers, so try No Knead Bread, Honey Cornbread Muffins, or Wonton Crisps.
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
The peppers aren’t really stuffed, but this ‘unstuffed’ or deconstructed stuffed pepper soup recipe is anything but boring!
- Prep all the ingredients (time saving tip: I use my favorite veggie chopper, which also makes the veggies uniform in size). Brown ground beef in the Instant Pot for 3 minutes, add onion and garlic and cook through.
- Mix in the next 6 ingredients and the green chiles (optional for a spicy version).
- If using uncooked rice, add rice and water. Add tomatoes and cook in the Instant Pot on high for 5 minutes (or 10 minutes if you are using uncooked rice).
- Use quick release once cooking is complete.
- Add chopped parsley, a quick sprinkle of cracked black pepper (we like lots of pepper), and serve immediately with garlic bread or No Knead Bread!
For a creamy version, dollop a little sour cream on top of each serving!
Pro Tip: For extra presentation points, yellow bell peppers add bursts of color (and don’t look like tomatoes) with similar flavor of red peppers.
For a low carb version, substitute mushrooms for the white rice and save some carbs and calories without sacrificing flavor. My kids are the opposite and want extra rice. Add extra rice to bottom of your bowls if you love rice.
What to Serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup
Lots of things go with this easy stuffed green pepper soup recipe, but we like to keep it simple over here. Especially on those super busy weeknights!
Can I Freeze Stuffed Pepper Soup?
You sure can! Once it is cooled enough to handle, into ziptop bags or Stasher Bags, ladle the stuffed pepper soup into either gallon sized bags (for another family dinner) or single serving bags (to take for lunch) and freeze flat in the freezer.
Once the soup is frozen, store the bags upright in the freezer to save valuable freezer space! To thaw, just let the bags come to room temp and then heat on the stovetop or microwave. Refresh the flavors with a little salt and pepper and reheat some garlic bread and you are good to go!
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian dressing mix or Italian seasoning
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 bell pepper diced (yellow, orange, or red or any combo)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ½ ounces diced green chilies 1 can, optional
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can
- 2 cups cooked rice or 1 cup uncooked rice, add 1-2 cups water to Instant Pot along with rice
- ¼-⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients. Turn Instant Pot to saute and brown ground beef for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic and saute until cooked through.
- Add Italian dressing mix, beef broth, peppers, pepper, Worcestershire and green chilies if using. Mix.
- If using uncooked rice, add rice and water. Add crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes, without mixing.
- Set Instant Pot to Soup (or Manual), High for 5 minutes (or 10 if using uncooked rice). Use quick release once cooking complete.
- Add (cooked) rice and parsley to soup and stir. Serve with cracked pepper and garlic bread!
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe
Recipe slightly adapted from Spend With Pennies