Everyone has seen TikTok’s whipped feta dip and it’s so popular for a reason!
Tangy, feta cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, and a splash of oil and lemon juice are all it takes to make this rich creamy, versatile dip that you’ll make again and again!
Serve feta dip with chips or as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.
Delicious Whipped Feta Dip
- Similar to a Greek “htipiti,” whipped feta is a fabulously healthy and low-carb staple in Mediterranean cuisine.
- Five minutes and a few ingredients are all it takes to make this silky whipped feta! Serve with anything from chips, crackers, veggies, or even as a spread.
- Surprisingly budget-friendly, whipped feta is great for larger gatherings as a little bit goes a long way!
Ingredients and Variations
Feta: Greek feta is tangier and more tart than French feta, but either variety will work. Use the block instead of crumbles (which is too dry and salty) and save the brine to add to a vinaigrette potato salad.
Yogurt: Greek yogurt is the traditional ingredient, but sour cream and cream cheese can be used. PRO TIP: Bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften for faster blending.
Seasonings: Use the basics in this recipe or feel free to swirl in some honey and mint, Italian seasoning, or everything bagel seasoning to spread over bagels or sandwiches.
Variations: Anything can be added to whipped feta dip! For perfect presentation, create a well in the center or on the side and add toasted pine nuts or pistachios, Greek olives, smoked tomatoes, cranberry sauce, roasted garlic, marinated peppers, or swirl in some spicy hot red chile paste as a spread for chicken burgers or topping for Greek pizza.
How to Make Whipped Feta Dip
- Add feta, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a food processor (as directed in the recipe card below).
- Process until whipped to desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley and a dash of red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately.
Our Favorite Dippers
Whipped feta dip is light and airy, so any light or medium-weight cracker, crostini, or wonton crisp will work. Add as a dipping sauce for zucchini sticks, chicken souvlaki, or with Greek lemon potatoes. A dollop of whipped feta dip will also add a velvety texture and a tangy bite to tomato soup and pumpkin soup.
- Make whipped feta dip up to two days ahead and keep it covered in the refrigerator. Let it come to room temperature before serving since chilling it will thicken the texture.
- Store whipped feta dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Whisk and adjust seasonings.
Have you tried this Whipped Feta Dip recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Whipped Feta Dip
- In the bowl of a food processor, add feta, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until well combined and smooth and feta is whipped, or desired consistency.
- Put in a bowl and garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley, if desired, to serve.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, vegetables, or your favorite dippers.
- This dip will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!