This Velveeta Rotel Dip recipe makes an easy and delicious dip perfect for any occasion!
Two ingredients and 10 minutes? Yes, please! The famous Rotel queso dip recipe is now even easier made in just one pot. And serving from a fondue pot or Crockpot pot helps it stay warm and creamy for longer. A can of spicy Rotel tomatoes with added green chilis is slowly melted into cubes of cheesy Velveeta and then served with a variety of tasty dippables. Try it with tortilla chips or crackers, pita chips or even pretzels. This two ingredient dip goes with everything.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Velveeta Rotel Dip recipe to your DIPS & DRESSINGS Board!
Best Cheesy Dip
- Company coming? Make homemade quick and easy classic queso dip that’s ready for any last-minute fiesta!
- Or, prep and make ahead in the fondue pot, keep covered in the refrigerator, and then heat 30 minutes before serving.
Ingredients & Variations
CHEESE: Velveeta is more than average cheese. It’s made to be melted and held that way so it can be added to dozens of recipes like Homemade Creamy Mac and Cheese, or to chili dogs and nachos. Spice up your queso dip with some Homemade Taco Seasoning, a hot barbecue-style Jerk Seasoning, or even this bold Fajita Seasoning.
TOMATOES: Nothing beats the perfect combination of tomatoes and spicy green chiles in a can of Rotel!
MIX-INS: Make it a hearty Velveeta Rotel dip and add proteins like ground sausage, cooked chorizo, shredded chicken, or seasoned ground beef. Stir in some hot sauce, salsa, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos, or even a little dash of red pepper flakes for a new dip every time. Perfect for leftovers, too!
How to Make Rotel Dip with Velveeta
For a quick and tasty hot dip, it doesn’t get any easier than this:
- In a saucepan (or a fondue pot), add a whole can of Rotel and cubes of Velveeta cheese.
- Stir on medium, until the dip is smooth (a great task for a mini-chef)!
- Serve with chips, crackers, bread, or freshly cut veggies.
PRO TIP: Quickly heat in the microwave, stirring after 2 minutes intervals before transferring to the fondue pot.
Best Dippers to Serve
Choose a variety of dippers perfect for a crowd! Serve with tortilla chips or some simple and delicious Sourdough Crackers. Homemade No Knead Bread can be made into a bread bowl with chunks of bread arranged around the loaf for dipping. Baked Zucchini Sticks or Baked Kale Chips are also great options. But don’t stop there! Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower pieces are delicious dipped into the zesty cheese mixture, as are other raw veggies like celery, carrots, or zucchini rounds.
Tips for Creamy Dip
- Use the entire can of Rotel tomatoes without draining.
- Cut the Velveeta cubes into equal sizes so they melt at the same rate.
- If the dip is too thick or needs to be loosened after being in the fondue pot too long, stir in a little heavy whipping cream or sour cream to loosen it up and make it even creamier.
- No fondue pot? Just keep this dip in the Crockpot on the warm setting.
Other Easy Dips To Try!
- Hot Spinach Dip – another favorite
- Homemade Queso Dip – hearty and zesty
- Hot Artichoke Dip – quick 5 minute prep
- Dillionaire Veggie Dip – perfect for parties
Velveeta Rotel Dip
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes 1 can, undrained
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- Heat a medium saucepan to medium heat, or use a fondue pot*, add Rotel tomatoes and cheese.
- Cook, stirring often, until cheese is melted and dip is smooth, about 5-7 minutes. (I stir constantly.)
- Serve with cut tortillas, vegetables, tortilla chips, or crackers.
- If using an electric fondue pot, once the dip is smooth, turn heat down to low and keep warm.
- Do not drain Rotel tomatoes before adding to cheese.
- Cut Velveeta into equal sized cubes for even melting.
- If dip becomes thick, stir in a little heavy whipping cream or sour cream to loosen it up.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.