This quick and easy Chili Cream Cheese Dip will be an instant hit at fall and winter get-togethers, and it’s a must-have for football season!
With only three ingredients that can be easily found at the store, make this dip mild or spicy and serve it with a variety of edible scoops! Best of all, it’s a deliciously cheesy and hearty family and fan favorite! Chili cheese dip is especially delicious served with crunchy corn tortilla chips, or other tasty dippers. It’s a classic party dip will keep any crowd happy and well-fed for hours!
A Game Day Favorite!
- Game day just wouldn’t be the same without a chili recipe! This dip is not only hot and hearty but easy to make in minutes! Double up on the recipe and watch it disappear!
- Make it fancy! Oven-bake and serve chili cream cheese dip in a cast-iron skillet on a platter surrounded by tortilla chips or corn chips, or serve it from a crock pot!
- When a last-minute invitation comes (and they always do!) make and take a crock of chili cream cheese dip along with a bag of chips and a bottle of hot sauce!
What’s in Chili Cream Cheese Dip?
CHEESE: Philadelphia cream cheese is a popular brand, but any brand will do. Choose full fat over low fat for the best flavor. Extra sharp cheddar will make this dip zesty and delish! Small cubes of Velveeta, a packaged Mexican cheese blend, or shredded Monterey jack can be added too, or switched out for the shredded cheddar.
CHILI: Canned Hormel chili comes with or without beans (for a keto version), but even a couple of cups of homemade chili, or leftover chili will do! Spice up the chili dip with this homemade chili seasoning blend that can be used in everything from fajitas to omelets!
TOPPINGS: Sliced green onions or olives, chopped green chiles, diced avocado, jalapenos, or a dollop of salsa will give this cheesy chili dip some spicy flair!
How to Make Chili Cream Cheese Dip
This easy dip is ready to eat in minutes by following these simple steps.
- Spread cream cheese in a pie pan and cover with chili (as per recipe below). PRO TIP: Let cream cheese soften for easier spreading.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake until hot and the cheese is melted.
- Give it some color and extra depth of flavor with an optional garnish of cilantro or chopped tomatoes.
Need chili cream cheese dip ASAP? Simply prepare it in a microwave safe dish and cook for 3-5 minutes!
Of course, chili cream cheese dip has to come with a side of tortilla chips! But low-carb lovers will appreciate celery sticks, chunks of bell peppers, or zucchini rounds for dipping! Homemade sourdough crackers, or fun and fancy corn ribs also make great dippers!
Can You Make Ahead?
Yes you can! Prep chili cream cheese dip in advance, cover and refrigerate until ready to bake!
Storing & Freezing
- Keep chili cream cheese dip covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Use up leftovers in quesadillas or as a filling for tacos!
- Due to the cream cheese, it’s not a good idea to freeze this dip because the texture won’t be the same when thawed.
Other Easy Dips To Try!
- Velveeta Rotel Dip – so cheesy and easy!
- Easy Greek Yogurt Dip – just 10 minute prep
- Hot Spinach Dip – delish served warm or cold
- Homemade Queso Dip – another zesty dip
Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened preferred
- 1 can chili about 15-19 ounces
- 1½ cups shredded cheese Mexican blend or cheddar
- green onion chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Spread cream cheese in the pie pan. Spread with chili, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Broil to brown the top if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Nutrition calculated without optional toppings.
- Refrigerate dip covered for up to 3 days.
- It is not recommended to freeze this dip.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!