How much fun is it to make these crescent roll mini pigs in a blanket? No matter what you call them, little smokies crescent rolls, or mini hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, or crescent mini hot dogs, even little smokies in a blanket…these little piggies are a favorite appy anytime!
We like to serve these little piggies in a blanket with other appies like Hot Artichoke Dip, Homemade Jalapeno Poppers and Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins. Perfect for game day, New Years Eve, or our annual Christmas Eve appie night!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Mini Pigs in a Blanket recipe to your Appies Board!
Dips For Pigs in a Blanket
These crescent dogs are basically mini hot dogs or mini sausages wrapped in a can of crescent roll dough, baked, and served either on their own or with a variety of savory or smoky flavored dips or with a queso cheese dip or nacho cheese sauce!
Here are some of our favorite dips:
- Honey mustard – sweet and tangy
- Carolina BBQ – spicy and tangy
- Kansas City BBQ – Smokey, sweet and tangy
- Chipotle BBQ – Spicy, lightly smoked and garlicy
- Yellow Mustard – French’s Classic Yellow is hard to beat
- Dijon Mustard – Grey Poupon is magnifique
- Ketchup – Heinz ketchup is my #1 choice
- Ranch Dressing – Hidden Valley Ranch coined the term Ranch
Mini hot dogs pigs in a blanket or lil smokies pigs in a blanket positively scream for a dipping sauce! Put out a variety of dipping sauces and watch everyone chow down!
Pigs in a Blanket With No Pork
Pigs in a blanket don’t have to contain pork if you use all beef hotdogs or mini sausages without pork. You might not want to call them pigs in a blanket for your non-pork eating friends – maybe dogs or puppies in a blanket or just mini sausages in a blanket.
Easy Pigs in Blanket Appetizers
What a super easy recipe for the kids to make while you are preparing for a sleepover or even a rainy-day afternoon watching movies with the fam! Switch up the mini dogs and use spicy sausages for the best little smokies recipe anywhere around! Be sure to make twice the amount you think everyone will eat, they are that good!
How Do You Make Pigs in a Blanket?
- To make mini hot dogs pigs in a blanket, preheat the oven and line sheet pan with parchment paper or use pan release.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and push the seams together to make one big sheet of pastry.
- Cut into 10 equal strips and then cut in half again.
- Wrap the lil smokies or mini hot dogs in each strip and place seam side down on the sheet pan. (Why not lay a cooked piece of bacon or a little piece of cheese on the strip and THEN add the smokie or mini hot dog before you roll it up? Sounds delish!)
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes and remove from oven to cool slightly.
Serve immediately with pigs in a blanket dipping sauce. They’re hot, and irresistible!
Mini Pigs In A Blanket
- 1 package cocktail smokies about 1 pound, approximately 40 smokies
- 12 ounces Crescent Grands 4 (1 package)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread out 2 crescents and push seam slightly together. Cut into 10 strips, and cut in half. Wrap each smokie in one strip of crescent dough. Place on baking tray, leaving a bit of space between to allow the dough to rise in the oven.
- Bake 12-15 mins.*
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Pin this Mini Crescent Dogs recipe!