Make this easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wings anytime the game is on and the gang is hungry!
Get that Zaxby’s or Buffalo Wild Wings buffalo wing signature flavor with a dash of Frank’s Red-Hot sauce, some butter, and a little garlic powder, all without even leaving the house. Conquer this recipe and you’ll always have crispy and tender wings that are perfectly sauced every time. Serve them up with favorite cooling dipping sauces like Ranch dressing, tasty dill dip or bleu cheese dressing. And don’t forget to include the carrot and celery sticks!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe to your APPETIZERS Board!
Best Buffalo Wings
- At a party, the wing platter is always the first to go! And it’s no wonder. Hot, barbecue, or buffalo style wings, make the ultimate, delicious appetizer. Offer some tangy Dillionaire Veggie Dip, or some bleu cheese, Ranch, or honey mustard dressing for dipping and dunking! Or try this cooling Greek Yogurt Dip for a surefire hit.
- Fresh or precooked frozen wings can be used in this buffalo chicken wings recipe. Simply add a few minutes to the cook time. Baked versus deep-fried wings means fewer calories and chicken that retains more nutrition and tastes just as delicious. Make extra because they will disappear in minutes!
- Here are some other Game Day delish appetizers to try! Baked Corn Ribs or Air Fryer Corn Ribs, Pineapple Sausage Kabobs, Grilled Quesadillas, and some Air Fryer Pasta Chips.
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN – Fresh wings are always best. Choose wings that are equally sized with intact skins. Frozen wings can be used but will require a longer bake time in the oven. A meat thermometer will tell how done they are. Boneless chicken strips, fingers, even breaded nuggets come out crispy and delicious.
SAUCE – Nothing beats the bright, spicy, tangy flavor of Frank’s Red-Hot Sauce. Adding butter to it gives it a rich, creamy flavor. Add a few shakes of your favorite seasoning like cumin, mustard powder, or some chili pepper along with the garlic powder for more depth in flavor. Or try this DIY Fajita Seasoning blend. Tame the heat for the kids by whisking in some maple syrup or honey.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wings
In the Oven:
- Bake wings 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. The internal temperature should be 165°F at the thickest part of the meat.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the buffalo sauce by whisking all the ingredients (per recipe below) together until the sauce is smooth.
- Toss the cooked wings in a large bowl until they are fully coated before serving with some celery sticks and dressing.
In the Air Fryer:
- Prepare the sauce (per recipe below)
- Oil and season wings place them in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook them halfway and then flip them.
- Remove from the air fryer and toss in the sauce.
- Add them all back to the air fryer and heat them through.
Tips & Tricks
- The key to perfect wings is to cook them long enough to get the skins extra crispy for the sauce to cling to, so place them under the broiler before tossing them in the sauce.
- Or, bake them inside and finish them off on the grill outdoors, once they’ve been sauced.
- Keep batches of cooked buffalo wings warm in the oven or a preheated Crockpot set to “warm”.
Storing Leftover Wings
Keep leftover wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave, the air fryer, or enjoy them cold.
Other Easy Recipes!
- Chicken Wonton Cups – 30 minute prep.
- Chicken Fajitas – dinner or appetizer.
- Easy Pizza Pocket Recipe – a tasty snack.
- Baked Zucchini Sticks – a light appetizer.
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps – appetizer, lunch or light dinner.
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking tray with foil*.
- Bake wings for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Check wings and continue to bake until cooked through and crispy. If the wings are cooked through (reached 165°F) but are not yet crispy, broil for 5-10 minutes until they are crispy. Keep a close eye on the wings so that they do not burn.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl (or jar), whisk together Frank's Red Hot Sauce, butter, and garlic powder if using.
- Toss wings and sauce together to coat the wings completely (in the large bowl).
- Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Recipe from Frank’s