All of the colors and flavors of the Mediterranean are in this easy chopped Greek Salad Recipe.
Greek salad is full of bright, tangy veggies, feta cheese, and olives. Tossed with our Greek salad dressing, it’s the perfect party or potluck offering. Since there are no lettuce leaves to wilt, it holds up well and even tastes better as all the ingredients have a chance to marinate in the dressing!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Greek Salad Recipe to your SALADS Board!
Why We Love This Easy Greek Salad
It’s easy with no lettuce leaves to rinse, dry, or cut. And it’s versatile, too! Add some protein like shrimp, salmon, or shredded chicken and it becomes an easy entrée salad. Or, fill with our hummus recipe and tuck into a low carb wrap for a healthy and energizing, workday lunch! Quinoa and couscous make excellent protein options to add to a Greek feta salad for vegetarians. It’s a crispy, crunchy on-the-go picnic salad. It also lends itself well to the addition of veggie leftovers. Pair this easy Greek salad with a side of freshly baked bread or a tasty pizza pocket!
Greek Salad Ingredients
What’s in a Greek salad? A traditional Greek salad is very simple with fresh, ripe ingredients!
VEGETABLES Tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and cucumbers are the basics.
ADD-INS Kalamata olives, and or course, crumbled feta cheese. Shaved parmesan, gorgonzola, or fresh mozzarella cheeses are also good substitutes for feta because they have a salty tang to them.
DRESSING Greek salad dressing is always made with good olive oil, plus vinegar and/or lemon juice and seasonings. So it’s not too tart, it’s usually balanced with a bit of sugar or low carb sweetener. We have a perfectly balanced and delicious Greek salad dressing recipe to use!
- But feel free to make a Greek pasta salad by adding cooked and cooled cheese tortellini, cooked orzo, or pasta shells. Diced red potatoes, chickpeas, or a can of drained white navy beans make for a dramatic presentation as well!
- For an easy appetizer or healthy snack, thread whole cherry tomatoes, small pieces of bell pepper, whole Kalamata olives, and cubes of feta cheese onto wooden skewers. Drizzle with Greek dressing, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley and extra crumbled feta cheese.
- Make meal prep bowls by adding protein rich quinoa, or delicious orzo to the bottom. Store in individual meal prep containers for easy healthy lunches for the week.
How to Make Greek Salad
Greek salad is super easy to make.
- Make dressing and set aside.
- Mix chopped vegetables, olives, and feta, toss with Greek dressing.
Tips and Tricks
- When preparing the Greek dressing, whisk in some plain yogurt for a creamy version. It also serves as a great dip for a veggie platter made with carrot sticks, celery sticks, radishes, cubes of salami, and extra olives!
- Greek salad is best served cold, so refrigerate Greek salad for 30 minutes before serving. Keep the dressing in a salad dressing cruet or jar with a tight-fitting lid. If it starts to separate, simply give it a vigorous shake before pouring!
- The dressing will last up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Keep Greek salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To serve again, stir and add a little extra cheese to brighten up the flavors.
Other Salad Recipes To Try!
- Thai Quinoa Salad – so different!
- Red Leaf Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – simple and delicious!
- Kale Quinoa Salad – an entree salad.
- Cucumber Dill Salad – with the perfect crunch!
- Chickpea Salad – fresh!
- Cowboy Caviar – salad or appetizer!
Greek Salad Recipe
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved, or cherry tomatoes, or chopped roma tomatoes
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cucumber chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted
- ¾ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup Greek salad dressing *, or to taste (homemade or bottled)
- Add Greek Salad Dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add tomatoes, onion, green pepper, cucumber, olives, and feta to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add most of dressing and toss, adding more dressing to desired level of dressing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving if possible.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!