Kids and adults alike love the crispy texture and mildly seasoned flavor of Air Fryer Green Beans!
Air fry green beans use less fat while the flavor is sealed in. This super easy recipe needs only a few ingredients, for a delicious side dish or appetizer made in mere minutes! Cooking green beans has never been easier.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Green Beans recipe to your Side Dish Board!
What We Love About This Recipe
There are so many ways to prepare green bean recipes; from steamed to baked in the oven, even grilled green beans are in! But our recipe for crispy crunchy air fryer green beans takes this humble veggie to a whole new level! Now you can make green beans as an appetizer or as a side dish, take them to a party or a potluck and watch them disappear. Snacking just got healthy!
GREEN BEANS Fresh green beans can be found all year long, with the French green beans (Haricot Verts) being a little more expensive. French green beans are thinner and longer but are treated the same way for cleaning and cooking. String beans are the same as regular green beans, with the ‘string’ often pulled off before trimming and cooking.
OIL Just one tablespoon of oil is all that’s needed for flavor and to help the seasonings stick.
SEASONINGS Simple seasonings of salt & pepper, plus garlic powder are all that’s called for here because simple is sometimes best! But feel free to vary things, we have a few suggestions below!
- We love that this basic recipe can be made in so many different ways! For a unique take on garlic green beans, air fry them with slices of fresh garlic and top with parmesan cheese.
- French cut green beans are sliced extra thin and make a great green bean side dish with lots of butter, a topping of breadcrumbs, and a squeeze of lemon juice right before serving.
- Oven-roasted green beans are super good when they’re tossed with our homemade Italian dressing mix.
How to Make Green Beans in the Air Fryer
The air fryer method eliminates the need for blanching or boiling before cooking. It’s a one-and-done step!
- Whether you choose French green beans or regular green beans, be sure to rinse and pat dry the beans before cooking. Line the green beans up with the knobby ends lined up, and cut them off with a sharp knife.
- Toss green beans with oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 9 to 12 minutes in the air fryer, 8 to 10 minutes for French green beans.
What Goes with Air Fryer Green Beans?
You’ll never hear “I hate green beans” again with this super simple recipe for air fried green beans! Perfect for dipping into our creamy dill dressing! Planning for the big game? Put that air fryer to good use and make some of these awesome appetizers! Bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts, buttermilk fried chicken, and for a sweet treat try these air fryer blueberry cheesecake wontons.
Tip and Tricks
- Choose fresh green beans that are firm and unbroken and relatively the same length and width so they cook evenly.
- Be sure the air fryer is preheated so the green beans can cook and crisp up right away.
- Avoid overcrowding the fryer basket so the hot air can circulate around the green beans.
Storing and Reheating
Keep air fryer French green beans in an airtight container or a zippered bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them by placing them in a single layer on a baking sheet and put under the broiler for about 4 minutes.
Other Delicious Side Dishes To Try!
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts – so easy.
- Sauteed Beet Greens – deliciously different.
- Glazed Sweet Potatoes – sweet and easy side.
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – ready in about 30 min!
- Oven Roasted Beets – so tasty.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss green beans with oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add green beans to air fryer and cook for 9-12 minutes (or 8-10 minutes for french beans), shaking the beans after 5 minutes.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!