This roasted potatoes in air fryer recipe is so easy and makes a side dish packed with incredible flavor that is perfect served with any entree!
Tender baby potatoes come out browned and crispy on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside to melt in your mouth!
All you need is some potatoes, oil, salt and pepper. So keep the oven off and clean up to a minimum, and use the air fryer to make this tasty side!
Amazing Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Cooking roasted potatoes in an air fryer gives them a creamy consistency while keeping the skin nice and crispy.
- Make a batch or two of roasted potatoes and use them all week in omelets, stir-fries, soups, or stews!
- This recipe is so versatile! Feel free to use it with carrots, onions, broccoli, or cauliflower florets!
Ingredients and Variations
Potatoes: Small potatoes like baby reds or fingerlings are perfect for cooking in the air fryer and will produce a creamier texture than other varieties, plus their mild flavor pairs with various seasonings. However, if other potato varieties are on hand, simply cut them into bite-sized pieces. Frozen potatoes can be used as long as you increase the cooking time on the air fryer. Don’t forget sweet potatoes can be used instead or together with baby reds if desired.
Seasonings: Switch out the oil for leftover bacon grease for a smoky flavor and sprinkle on a little garlic or onion powder, if desired. Although it doesn’t take much to bring out the buttery flavor of roasted potatoes, easy DIY blends of chili spices or everything bagel seasoning, will make your potatoes really pop!
How to Roast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Prepare potatoes as directed in the recipe below, toss them with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a single layer in the air fryer for 20 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
Make that air fryer perform double duty and serve with a delicious roasted chicken, or add them to an appetizer platter with air fryer meatballs. Serve them as a side dish or pile on the sour cream, bacon bits, and chives and make them into a meatless main dish with a salad!
Tips for Perfectly Roasted Potatoes
- If using cut potatoes, soak the pieces in water for about 20 minutes to draw out excess starch and make them extra crispy.
- Pat dry before seasoning and air frying.
- This recipe can be used in a Ninja, Corsori, or NuWave air fryer, and works best with 4-quart or larger air fryers. If you have a smaller air fryer, half the recipe or cook in batches.
- Use the highest setting available on your air fryer. Some may not reach 400˚F, in which case increase the cook time a couple of minutes.
- If cooking for a crowd, keep portions warmed in the oven until ready to serve.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Wash potatoes and slice in half or into bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer basket in an even layer.
- Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes. Serve!
- Nutrition calculated using 4 servings.
- Soak cut potato chunks in water for about 20 minutes to draw out the starch. Pat potatoes dry before seasoning and air frying.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!