Make meatballs in an air fryer for delicious, versatile and tasty meat morsels every time!
Why buy meatballs when they can be made in the air fryer in minutes? Using simple ingredients like ground beef, milk, eggs, breadcrumbs, herbs and seasonings, these Air Fryer Meatballs can be mixed, rolled and cooked in short order! And this recipe is versatile, so ingredients which are available, or are a preference, can be added or substituted. Why not add in some ground pork or sausage to the beef, or spice up the seasoning a notch? Either way, these savory treats will be ready just in time to add to a favorite pasta sauce or a meatball sub.
Meatballs in the Air Fryer!
- It won’t take long to get air fryer meatballs on the table! Perfect for any occasion and last minute get togethers!
- Meatballs are multi-purpose! Cook them in various sizes for appetizers, soups, casseroles, and pasta dishes!
- Cook meatballs in batches and use for meal prep all week long!
- Most air fryers have similar cooking times, however check the manual for cook times to be sure.
What’s in Air Fryer Meatballs?
MEAT: Beef is best for tender meatballs, but a half-and-half combo with Italian sausage makes them extra juicy and flavorful. For fewer calories and fat, use ground turkey or chicken. Easy peasy!
EGG & BREADCRUMBS: Don’t skimp on this important part! Use plain or seasoned breadcrumbs and a whole, large fresh egg. For a power keto version, switch out the breadcrumbs for crushed pork rinds!
SEASONINGS: Herbs and seasonings such as garlic and onion powder, parsley, and parmesan cheese bring savory flavor to these meatballs. But don’t stop there! Try a DIY chili, fajita or taco seasoning to add a new flavor profile to these tasty morsels.
How to Cook Meatballs in Air Fryer
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (as per recipe below).
- Bake meatballs, spaced ½” apart in the air fryer, until the internal temperature is 160°F, about 13-18 minutes.
- Once beef is added, mix ingredients only until just combined for the most juicy meatballs!
- Allow meatballs to rest about 5 minutes before serving so the juices are sealed in.
Freezing Air Fryer Meatballs
Make sure meatballs are fully cooled before freezing. Place them on a sheet pan and freeze individually before transferring to a zippered bag. This will avoid meatballs stuck together! Freeze for up to 4 months. Simply pop out what you need and reheat them from frozen in the air fryer!
We Love ‘Em With
Try these meatballs with one of these sauces or variations!
- Cranberry Meatballs – tangy and fruity
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce – a favorite
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – a tasty dip for meatballs
- Sweet and Sour Sauce – simple and delicious
Air Fryer Meatballs
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, breadcrumbs, milk, and seasonings. Add in beef and parmesan cheese (if using) and combine until just mixed through, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop (or a spoon), make 12-16 meatballs. Wet hands and gently roll mixture in your palms to create round balls. Lay the meatballs in a single layer, about ½ inch apart in the air fryer basket.
- Bake the meatballs for 13-18 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Nutrition calculated without optional parmesan cheese.
- Remember to only mix ingredients with the beef until just combined.
- Rest meatballs for 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate cooked and cooled meatballs in a covered container for 4-5 days. Freeze individually on a baking sheet, then transfer to a zippered bag, and freeze for up to 4 months.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!