This Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe is so easy and makes crispy and tender broccoli in a snap!
Cooking broccoli in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to get it crispy on the outside and tender on the inside every time. Let the air fryer work its magic while saving time on cooking and cleanup!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe to your SIDE DISH Board!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Lightly seasoned with oil and garlic, broccoli in air fryer is the perfect appetizer, side dish, or healthy, low-carb snack!
- This broccoli air fryer recipe delivers low-carb goodness in less than half the time it takes to sauté, steam, or roast!
- Air fryer roasted broccoli is a delicious side dish to any beef, chicken, or fish recipe! Try it with Homemade Meatloaf, Smoked Chicken Breasts, Smoked Salmon or this creamy Crack Chicken Casserole.
- Short on time? Frozen broccoli works perfectly! Just add a few minutes to the cooking time!
Ingredients and Variations
BROCCOLI: Choose heads of broccoli that are firm and free from discolored florets or stems. Cauliflower florets can be used, as can halved brussels sprouts, or carrots cut in coins or diagonal sticks.
SEASONINGS: A little oil and garlic powder are all it takes to make this easy air-roasted broccoli recipe.
EXTRAS: For a different spin on flavor, toss broccoli florets in melted bacon grease, a seasoning mix and even add some red pepper flakes for heat and color! Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese on the cooked broccoli and place under the broiler until the cheese melts and the broccoli is extra crispy!
DIP IDEAS: As an appetizer, try these tasty dips! It’s “dill-icious” with Creamy Dill Dressing, extra tangy with Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe, and satisfying dipped in this Garlic Hummus Recipe.
How to Cook Broccoli in Air Fryer
Two easy steps are all it takes to make the best broccoli side dish or snack:
- Mix cleaned and cut broccoli in a large bowl with oil, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Place seasoned florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook per the recipe below.
How Long to Cook Broccoli in Air Fryer
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket after about 3 minutes. Frozen broccoli in the air fryer takes just a few extra minutes to crisp up. Add seasonings to frozen broccoli after it has softened, then add it back to the air fryer and continue cooking.
Tips and Tricks
- Always preheat the air fryer before cooking anything. The hot air circulates around the food, sealing the outside and making it crispy while the inside stays tender.
- For perfect results every time, fresh broccoli is best! Rinse and pat dry before using.
- Save time on kitchen clean up and toss broccoli, oil, seasoned salt, and pepper in a bag. Toss the broccoli, and then toss the bag. A real timesaver and no dishes to wash!
- Cut or break broccoli florets in equal sizes so they cook at the same rate. Use this same method for other veggies, too. For brussels sprouts, cut them in half.
Keep leftover air fryer broccoli in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat by placing it back in the air fryer and cooking until they are warmed through. Don’t forget to add leftover air fryer broccoli to omelets, quiche, soup, stews, casseroles, or even diced up and added to a salad or pizza!
- Oven Roasted Beets – tender and sweet.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts– healthy favorite!
- Air Fryer Green Beans – better than fries.
- Sauteed Beet Greens – great with butter!
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower – perfect appie or side!
Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli cut into large sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt plus to taste for serving
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Clean broccoli and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, olive oil, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Add to the basket of the air fryer. Cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket after 3 minutes, and again when checking the broccoli. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.