Once you’ve cooked salmon in the air fryer it will be the only way you’ll want to make it!
Each fillet comes out tender and flaky with a crispy skin, and it can’t be easier to make!
The air fryer provides the perfect time and temperature settings to cook moist and flakey salmon filets and cleanup is a cinch!
Amazing Air Fryer Salmon
- Superfood salmon is always on trend for its major health benefits.
- Buttery, with a delicate flavor, Salmon is a popular, high-protein go-to for hot and cold recipes.
- Cooking salmon in the air fryer preserves nutrients since its cooked in less time than it would take in the oven, using less fat and with better results!
- The Ninja makes quick and easy salmon fillets as a main dish that can be served with lemon rice, or pasta. Or, fillets can be chilled and topped on salads for a light dinner or energizing lunch!
Ingredients and Variations
This dish couldn’t be easier to make using seasonings that are likely already on hand!
Salmon: Easy to find, fresh or frozen salmon fillets (or patties) can be used, but fresh is always best! Increase cooking time for frozen fillets.
Seasonings: Simple seasonings like olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper will produce a flavorful and moist salmon filet. Experiment with other seasonings like a light and herbaceous Italian seasoning or a spicy Cajun.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Rub salmon with oil and sprinkle the seasonings on the flesh side (as described in the recipe below).
- Air fry salmon fillets skin side down for 7-11 minutes at 400°F. Internal temperature should read 145°F (check at the 8-minute mark to avoid overcooking).
- Allow salmon to rest for a couple of minutes so the juices are sealed in.
Keep leftover air fryer salmon in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy it cold or reheated in the air fryer. Why not make it as an entirely new dish (or wrap!) like this colorful and flavorful salmon salad?
Freeze salmon in single-portion zippered bags for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using or reheating. Please note that the water will form ice crystals in the fibers of the fish so the salmon will not be as firm once it’s thawed. This will make elegant and delicious little salmon patties, or flake the salmon and make a quick spread with cream cheese and a dash of fresh dill, perfect on crostini or zucchini toast.
Air Fryer Salmon
- Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Rub with olive oil. Sprinkle the flesh side of the salmon with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon skin side down in the air fryer basket. Bake for 7-11 minutes, until tender and flaky and salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145°F. For a 1 inch thick fillet, this takes about 8-9 minutes, but it is advisable to check earlier rather than later.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!