Every home cook will absolutely love this Simple Parmesan Pasta with Lemon recipe with an easy and creamy no-cook sauce!
This dish is so deceptively delicious. The fresh, bright flavors of parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, and real lemon are whisked into a heavy cream base and then tossed with hot spaghetti. Add a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a simple side or main dish is ready to serve, all in less than 30 minutes. And this recipe can be easily customized adding assorted meats or veggies if desired. It’s a perfectly quick, simple and delicious side dish that goes with almost anything.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Simple Parmesan Pasta with Lemon recipe to your SIDE DISH Board!
Best Spaghetti Recipe
- From start to finish, parmesan lemon pasta takes only about 25 minutes to prepare. Easy on the budget, the clock, and clean-up.
- Serve as a healthy, meatless dinner or as a chilled pasta dish for lunch.
- For a quick meal, serve parmesan pasta with Rotisserie Chicken, Baked Whole Fish, or keep with the meatless meal theme and serve with a side of Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, Crispy Brussels Sprouts or some Smoked Tomatoes. For a light but elegant lunch, serve chilled pasta with a side of Ricotta Toast.
Ingredients & Variations
CHEESE SAUCE: Heavy cream, Dijon, parmesan cheese, and a pop of fresh lemon juice makes the easiest cheese sauce ever! Stir in some feta or bleu cheese crumbles to amp up the tangy flavor. Add a dash of red pepper flakes for color and a spicy bite. Or swirl in a jar of basil pesto or olive tapenade into the creamy sauce before adding the remaining ingredients. If using pesto or tapenade, omit the salt.
PASTA: Any pasta will do! For a light, chilled dish, use angel hair pasta or small shells or elbow macaroni. For a hot, heartier dish, use bowtie pasta, penne, or rigatoni.
VEGGIE ADD-INS: Choose your favorite veggie add-ins or a frozen veggie medley! Easy add-ins are spinach, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, peas, artichoke, or fresh cherry tomatoes.
PROTEIN ADD-INS: Parmesan pasta is a great vehicle for using up leftover meat! Chicken and turkey can be added to the dish, as can bacon bits or bay shrimp. Make it a fancy meal by topping pasta with a Smoked Salmon fillet.
How to Make Parmesan Lemon Pasta
Deceptively delicious, lemon parmesan pasta is adaptable for meat and veggie add-ins, too!
- Prepare pasta (as per the recipe below).
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Add pasta and some pasta water.
- Add garnishes.
Tips for a Simple Creamy Sauce
For an uber creamy pasta sauce, mix all of the ingredients together and pulse them in a personal blender or food processor. Add pasta and pasta water, if desired.
Other Easy Side Dishes!
- Stuffed Pasta Shells – surprisingly easy to make.
- Macaroni And Cheese – quick instant pot recipe
- Orzo Pasta Salad – cool and refreshing.
- Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad – potluck perfect.
- Parmesan Asparagus Pasta – extra flavorful side dish.
Simple Parmesan Pasta with Lemon
- 6 ounces spaghetti or other pasta, cooked and drained per package directions, reserve 1 cup cooking water)
- 3 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese or Pecorino, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water may not use entire amount
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta to al dente per package directions (reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add cheese, cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, salt, and pepper and mix to combine.
- Combine pasta and sauce, and toss to mix through. Add about ¼ cup pasta cooking water and toss. Add additional pasta cooking water until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve garnished with parsley and additional parmesan if desired.
- Blend sauce ingredients in a blender for an extra creamy sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 2 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!