This recipe for a juicy and succulent Air Fryer Turkey Breast is an absolute keeper!
Always count on the air fryer to make a turkey roast come out tender every time! No basting and no baking, just a simple coat of mayonnaise and poultry seasonings. These ingredients infuse into the turkey for that classic, savory flavor that everyone loves, especially at the holidays. Cook the Christmas turkey without all the fuss with this super easy recipe that lets everyone enjoy the white meat while the cook enjoys less time in the kitchen!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Turkey Breast recipe to your ENTREE Board!
Best Air Fryer Turkey
- Skin on or skinless, turkey breasts come uniformly shaped which makes them an easy fit for air fryer cooking. No extended bake times and minimal clean-up! Air fryers are one of the best time-saving appliances that every home cook should have, especially during the holidays.
- Boneless turkey breasts are the perfect answer for those who want a smaller holiday main dish. Just season, cook, and serve with some Easy Bread Stuffing and a side of Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. A crispy salad like this Kale Caesar Salad would be delicious and don’t forget the No Knead Bread. For dessert, make this quick and easy Pumpkin Pie Crunch.
Ingredients & Variations
TURKEY – Boneless turkey breasts or tenderloins are sold in smaller pounds by weight than whole turkeys but they can still make for eye-catching table centerpieces when garnished properly. Choose fresh sprigs of rosemary, sage, and parsley as savory garnishes.
MAYONNAISE – Mayonnaise might seem like an unlikely basting ingredient, but it is an easy fat-based rub-in sauce that the other seasonings cling to. Plus it creates that golden brown, crispy exterior that everyone loves. Miracle Whip will also work, as will leftover bacon grease.
How to Cook Turkey in an Air Fryer
This will be the easiest holiday entree ever, with just a few simple steps:
- Coat the roast with mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Place turkey breast in the air fryer skin side down.
- Turn over after 25 minutes and cook until the desired internal temperature is reached (as per recipe below).
- Place the turkey breast on a platter and lightly tent with foil. Let rest before carving.
Tips for Juicy Turkey
- Before seasoning or cooking, set the turkey out at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This step allows the meat to cook more evenly regardless of the cooking method.
- Always remember to preheat the air fryer before using. The initial burst of hot air seals the outside of the meat so the juices are retained.
- For best results, allow the turkey to rest about 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. It will continue to cook, and a meat thermometer should read a minimum 165°F.
Other Easy Turkey Recipes!
- Oven Roasted Turkey– delicious way to cook turkey.
- Roast Turkey Breast – in oven!
- Turkey Tetrazzini – great way to use leftovers.
- Easy Turkey Pot Pie – a family favorite.
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast Roast – ready in about an hour
Air Fryer Roast Turkey Breast
- Remove roast from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature. Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Using a brush or spatula (or your hands), cover entire roast (leave the roast tied) with mayonnaise. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Place in air fryer (if there is skin, place skin side down). Bake for 25 minutes, then flip and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°F using a digital thermometer, about 20-25 more minutes.
- Remove roast from the air fryer and lightly tent with foil. Rest for 10-15 minutes, until roast reaches 165°F. Carefully remove string (kitchen scissors work well for this), slice, and serve.
- Mayonnaise seals the juices in the roast and basting is not required. Mayonnaise will not leave a taste, but helps the seasonings adhere to the roast.
- Estimate ½ pound (or more) per person for serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.