Roast Turkey Breast is a simple, easy and delicious way to make Thanksgiving dinner or a special homemade meal.
Roasting a boneless turkey breast to juicy perfection is easier than it sounds using this failproof recipe. With just 4 ingredients and in 4 simple steps, slow roast a delicious turkey breast for a quick dinner, slice it up for weekly meal prep, or proudly display it on the holiday table. It’s so much easier than cooking a whole turkey, and all with no muss, no fuss!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Roast Turkey Breast recipe to your MAIN DISH Board!
Easy Roast Turkey Breast
- Mayonnaise has just the right amount of fat so that it is gently absorbed into the skin while keeping the meat juicy and tender on the inside.
- Butterball brand turkeys taste like they came straight from the farm and are skinless and boneless. They are available year-round.
- Turkey has fewer calories and lower fat than other proteins with just as much nutrition. Plus, turkey can be served hot or cold in all kinds of dishes! We like it in an Easy Turkey Pot Pie, Turkey Tetrazzini or dice cooked turkey and top a fresh green salad with this tangy Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe.
Ingredients and Variations
TURKEY BREAST – Turkey Breasts that are between 2 ½ and 4 pounds work best and will take less time to roast. They can be brined in the bag, honey seasoned, herb-seasoned, or packaged plain. This easy recipe makes a mild seasoned rub that seals in the juices while the turkey pan roasts at a low and slow temperature.
MAYONNAISE – It might sound unusual, but mayonnaise seals the juices in the roast, and basting is not required. It does not leave a taste. It is unbelievably juicy every time, and makes roast turkey breast failproof. Just be sure to monitor the temperature.
SEASONING – Use poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Or, use this Jerk Seasoning which is perfect for roasting turkey breast to be used for sandwiches.
How to Roast Turkey Breast
Simple and delish, this turkey turns out perfect every time.
- Cover the roast in mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, or seasoning of your choice.
- Place seasoned breast in a rack in a shallow roasting pan and bake per recipe below.
- Tent the roast breast with aluminum foil and let it rest before removing the strings (if any), slice, and serve.
Tender Turkey Every Time
- Allow turkey breast time to thaw if frozen in the refrigerator and then also rest at room temperature before seasoning.
- Avoid roasting too long in the oven. Turkey breast will continue to cook once it is removed from the oven (this is called ‘carryover cooking’). Roast until a meat thermometer reaches 160°F internally from the thickest part of the meat. Let it rest before slicing so the outside seals in the juices.
- For an intimate, small-ish holiday celebration, serve with a savory side dish like Sourdough Stuffing, some Cranberry Orange Sauce, Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, and some No Knead Bread. Don’t forget the Pumpkin Pie Crunch or Cherry Pie for dessert!
How to Store
Keep leftover turkey covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Chop leftovers and add to a pot of vegetable soup, use for broth, or slice thinly and use for sandwiches throughout the week. Or make low-carb turkey appetizers by stuffing thinly sliced turkey breast with cream cheese and chopped olives, roll up, and secure with a toothpick.
Freeze turkey breast slices between sheets of parchment paper in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 6 weeks. Perfect for a quick lunch time sandwich!
Easy Roasting Recipes!
- Bone In Pork Loin Roast – so flavorful.
- Best Pot Roast – a classic dinner.
- Prime Rib Roast – perfect for special occasions.
- Roast Rack of Lamb – easier than you think!
Roast Turkey Breast
- 2 ½ -4 pound turkey breast
- ¼-½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- ½-1 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- ½-1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼-½ teaspoon poultry seasoning optional
- Remove roast from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a brush or spatula (or your hands), cover entire roast (leave the roast tied) with mayonnaise. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning if using.
- Place in a roasting pan (if there is skin, place skin side up). Bake uncovered in a roasting pan for 30-35 minutes per pound, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F using a digital thermometer.
- Remove roast from the oven and lightly tent with foil. Rest for 10-15 minutes, until roast reaches 165°F. Carefully remove string (kitchen scissors work well for this), slice, and serve.
Estimate ½ pound (or more) per person.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Roast Turkey Breast recipe!
Do you think this recipe could be adapted for an air fryer? Maybe follow the same directions, except decrease temp by 25 degrees and air fry for 25% less time?
To make a 2-2 1/2 pound turkey breast in the air fryer, I would cook at 350F for about 45-55 minutes, or until it reaches 160F, then rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
What about some water in pan with turkey???
While I havne’t tried adding water, I’d suggest adding water after about 20 minutes, so that the seasoning on the bottom of the turkey doens’t dissolve into the water immediately. Enjoy June!