Make boiled eggs in air fryer just once and it will become the favorite way to prepare them!
The whites come out firm with creamy yolks that are ready to enjoy as-is or added to a recipe! The air fryer takes the guesswork out of hard ‘boiled’ eggs so they come out just right every time! Use hard-boiled eggs for deviled eggs, egg salad, or chop them up to add to a green salad. Make a bunch and keep them in the refrigerator for a quick, protein-rich snack all week long!
Easy Way to Boil Eggs!
- While not exactly “boiled” in water, eggs really are cooked perfectly in a Ninja, Corsori, or NuWave air fryer. It’s smart to test one or two to adjust power settings and cook times according to each model.
- Eggs can be cooked to soft, medium, or hard depending on how long they’re cooked. See the table in the recipe below.
- Make air fryer boiled eggs for high protein, healthy post-workout snacks, a mid-morning pick me up, or for a last-minute egg salad! An excellent choice for those who follow a low-carb or keto diet!
- Eggs are an economical way to get much-needed protein, especially for larger families! Deviled eggs are perfect party appetizers on holiday tables, and game and movie nights! Serve air fryer boiled eggs on an appetizer platter with Caprese skewers, or scoop egg salad onto homemade crostini, or pineapple sausage kabobs.
Only 3 Ingredients
Eggs: Choose eggs that are the same size for even cooking. For best results, always choose the freshest eggs, however, store-bought eggs peel easier and are cleaner than eggs direct from a farm. Check egg freshness by placing each one into a glass of water. If they float, discard them, if they sink to the bottom and roll to one side, they are still fresh.
Ice/Water: An ice water bath is a key step to stop the cooking process after the eggs are removed from the air fryer, as well as making peeling them super easy!
How to Boil Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Preheat Air Fryer.
- Place the eggs in the fryer basket and cook the eggs at 270° F for 16-17 minutes.
- Once cooked, plunge eggs into an ice bath to stop the cooking process and chill them for easy peeling.
- Plunge eggs into an ice bath for 5 minutes.
Tips for the Best Boiled Eggs
- Store-bought eggs peel a bit easier than fresh farm eggs.
- Use a long-handled spoon to transfer the cooked eggs to the bowl of ice water since they will be too hot to hold by hand.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 14 eggs medium or large*
- 3-4 cups ice
- 6 cups water or more as needed
- Place eggs in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 270°F and cook for about 16-17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and water to cool eggs.
- Using tongs, immediately place the eggs into the bowl of ice water (add ice and water to cover). Allow to cool for 10 minutes before peeling.
- *A 6-quart Air Fryer will hold about 14 eggs in a single layer.
- Adjust the number of eggs for a smaller or larger Instant Pot.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!