Air Fryer Asparagus is an elegant, healthy, and super easy veggie recipe to prepare!
This delicious recipe comes out crisp, seasoned, and ready to be an appetizer or a side dish! The air fryer makes cooking vegetables so easy and clean. This recipe is a low-carb and keto lover’s dream because it’s got the perfect taste and texture. Chop up leftovers to add to a salad or mix into a tasty quiche. Or just eat it as a healthy dipper for Hot Artichoke Dip. There are so many great ways to use air fryer asparagus.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Air Fryer Asparagus recipe to your SIDE DISHES Board!
Amazing Air Fried Asparagus
- 5 ingredients and 5 steps mean that air-fried asparagus is ready in mere minutes!
- Whatever air fryer model is used, a Ninja or a Cuisinart, the air fryer gives veggies a crispy, fried texture on the outside while they stay tender and juicy on the inside!
- Enjoy all the health benefits of asparagus without the fat-laden coatings from deep-frying!
Ingredients and Variations
ASPARAGUS: Fresh asparagus stalks are prepared and air fried simply with a few easy seasonings and olive oil, here, but they can be dressed up, too! Wrap them in bacon or prosciutto, or sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Try them with homemade spicy Jerk Seasoning, or sprinkle with Italian Dressing Mix.
VARIATIONS: Tuck asparagus into a chicken breast or roast over a piece of salmon in the air fryer. Make air fryer asparagus with brushed garlic butter or cook it with parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.
How to Air Fry Asparagus
- Preheat air fryer and prep asparagus by snapping the woody ends off.
- Toss asparagus spears with oil & seasonings.
- Place seasoned stalks in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving room between the pieces so the heated air can flow around them.
- Cook (per recipe below) shaking the basket halfway through.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temp.
Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Asparagus
- Thicker stalks may require more minutes, however, avoid cooking too long so the asparagus stalks don’t get dried out or limp!
- Frozen asparagus spears can be used, simply extend the cooking time a few more minutes!
- Place air-fried asparagus in the oven under the broiler for a couple of minutes to make them extra crispy!
What to Serve With Asparagus
Creamy Lemon Chicken goes so well with asparagus as a side . Or serve it alongside this tender and flaky Oven Baked Tilapia. For a truly elegant entree, asparagus goes beautifully with this Baked Whole Fish as well. For dips try some Easy Greek Yogurt Dip or a tasty Hot Spinach Dip with some yummy Simple Sourdough Crackers or Air Fryer Pasta Chips on the side!
Keep leftover asparagus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Reheat them in the preheated air fryer for a few minutes to make them crispy again.
Favorite Air Fryer Veggies
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower – keto & low carb.
- Easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – perfect appie or side!
- Air Fryer Green Beans – ready in 20 minutes.
- Air Fryer Broccoli – crispy and tender!
- Acorn Squash Air Fryer Recipe – quick and easy to make.
Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus or 1 bunch
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Wash and dry asparagus. Break the woody ends by holding each spear of asparagus near the middle and bottom, and snap the end off.
- In a medium bowl or on a tray, toss asparagus with oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Add to the basket of the air fryer, spreading evenly in the basket.
- Cook until tender*, about 6-10 minutes, shaking the basket after about 4 minutes, and again when checking the asparagus. Serve immediately or cool to room temperature.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Air Fryer Asparagus recipe
Super delish and easy to make.
Love this. No fuss or mess.