Get your veggie and bacon fix with our Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts and dipping sauces!
Perfect for an appetizer, side dish, or just a delectable snack, this tasty recipe for bacon-wrapped brussel sprouts is super easy. It can be baked in the oven or in an Air Fryer for a quick and crispy brussel sprouts recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this easy Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts recipe to your APPETIZER Board!
Brussels Are My Favorite!
Everyone is in love with Brussels sprouts because they are a delish, low carb lover’s dream! What’s not to love? Grill them, slide them on skewers, and roast or BBQ them. Even baked brussel sprouts are a no-fail recipe. My son asks for these all the time! Sprouts are his fave, and we make them as appies or as a side on the regular.
Oh, did we mention these roasted brussel sprouts can be made totally keto? For a truly keto and sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, use a monkfruit-based sweetener. Even the dips can be low carb!
What Are Brussel Sprouts?
Brussel sprouts look like tiny little cabbages. They are tender and mildly flavored like cabbage. Plus they are packed with vitamins and fiber. They gained their popularity from Brussels where they get their unique name. They are often called Brussels or Brussel; either term is acceptable. Considered a “superfood,” they are a low carb lovers dream!
How To Make Brussel Sprouts Wrapped in Bacon
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts and toss with salt and garlic powder.
- Lay out bacon and brush with maple syrup (or keto-friendly sweetener). Sprinkle with pepper.
- Cut bacon slices in half horizontally and wrap one piece over a halved sprout, tucking the ends under the flat part.
PRO TIP: Feel free to sub out the maple syrup for balsamic vinegar or simply pre-bake brown sugar with bacon for a candied version! Why not experiment with pre-seasoned maple bacon or turkey bacon?
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- Lay wrapped sprouts on prepared baking sheet spaced apart about ½ an inch.
- Brush with remaining maple syrup and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy and the sprouts are tender. Let cool slightly before serving.
Lemon Aioli: Make this creamy lemon dip as a complement for bacon-wrapped brussell sprouts. Combine mayo, lemon juice, zest, and chili powder in a small bowl. Garnish with lemon zest.
Spicy Maple Dip: Step up your glazed game and offer up this sweet/spicy dip for guests to try something exotic! Combine maple syrup, chili flakes, and pepper. Allow the flavors to blend and taste before adjusting the seasonings for a spicier dip.
How Long Can I Store And Save?
- The best way to store bacon-wrapped brussels is to keep them in a sealed container for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Reheat them under the broiler on a baking sheet until they are crispy and reheated through.
- Bacon-wrapped brussel sprouts can be frozen by placing cooled sprouts in a zip top bag with the date labeled on the outside. They’ll keep about a couple of months in the freezer. They are a perfect make-ahead appetizer that can be pulled out and served at a moment’s notice!
Our Favorite Appetizer Recipes!
- Smoked Eggs – deliciously different!
- Wonton Crisp – simple recipe!
- Mini Pigs In a Blanket (Crescent Dogs) – a classic
- Sausage Crescent Rolls – perfect for parties
- Smoked Tomato Guacamole – so flavorful!
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon chili powder optional
Spicy Maple Dip
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim bottoms of sprouts, and remove spoiled leaves. Wash and halve brussels sprouts. In a medium bowl, toss with salt and garlic powder.
- Lay out strips of bacon, brush with maple syrup and sprinkle with pepper. Cut each strip in half (or thirds for smaller sprouts).
- Wrap bacon around each brussels sprout half, with the ends of the bacon tucked under the flat part of the sprout.
- Lay sprouts, flat side down with bacon underneath, on parchment lined baking tray, leaving space between. Brush with remaining maple syrup, and sprinkle with additional pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and sprouts are tender.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, zest, and chili powder in a small bowl. Garnish with zest.
Spicy Maple Dip
- Combine syrup, chili flakes, and pepper. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving for a spicier dip.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
PIN this Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts recipe!
PIN this Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts Recipe!
Recipe from Food Network