Instant Pot quick pickled jalapenos are the ultimate, and easiest, spicy topping, add-in, or side dish!
They’re perfect to relax in the afternoon with tacos, a side of honey, pickled carrots, and onions. And of course, some pickled jalapenos! Oh, don’t forget the sopapillas for dessert! Pickled jalapeno slices have a tangy flavor that has a cooling effect on the palate. Sometimes they are referred to as “tamed” jalapenos.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Instant Pot Pickled Jalapenos recipe to your DINNER Board!
We Love Pickled Jalapeno Rings!
Homemade jalapeno rings can be sweet, just add sugar! Their hot flavor complements so many dishes. Make them to add to queso, carne adovada, carnitas, posole, and all the classic Mexican entrées! This pickled jalapenos recipe adds a little burst of flavor to any dish, and even the juice can be added to dressings and marinades! We use these pickled jalapenos for our favorite smoked tomato gaucamole!
There are so many pickled jalapeno uses, especially as an accompaniment for other recipes. But they are best as a simple snack all on their own. Try topping a cracker with cream cheese, and add a jalepeno ring!
This simple 10-minute recipe makes bright green, firm jalapeno rings without boiling on the stove top!
Ingredients and Variations
Commercial sliced jalapenos that are canned in vinegar aren’t nearly as crispy and tasty as these homemade ones. And they only take minutes to make!
JALAPENOS – Fresh jalapenos are easy to find in any market. Feel free to use this recipe for pickling any other kind of pepper, too!
VINEGAR – Our brine recipe uses two kinds, apple cider vinegar and plain white vinegar.
GARLIC – 4-6 cloves of quartered garlic make this brine deliciously flavorful. Feel free to add more (or less) if desired!
FLAVORINGS – Kosher salt is a must for the brine, but sugar, onion flakes, and red pepper flakes are optional add ins.
What Can I Do with Pickled Jalapenos?
There are a lot of recipes with pickled jalapenos out there, but here are a couple of unique ideas to inspire you!
- Make a pickled jalapeno salad by tossing with shredded lettuce and onions. Add to a wrap with some shredded chicken for a quick and spicy lunch for school or work!
- Mix into coleslaw. The jalapeno pickling brine recipe works great for other vegetables like carrots, green beans, okra, and mushrooms. It can also be made with a no-sugar option.
- Potato cheddar soup with pickled jalapenos on top is a flavor combination everyone is in love with.
- Add them to a grilled cheese sandwich, especially one made with beef brisket. We use a bit of cheddar, loads of mozzarella, and a few slices of jalapenos for the perfect combo.
Or add whole or chopped pickled jalapenos to these tasty dishes:
- Mexican rice
- Pork Carnitas
- Scrambled eggs
- Refried beans
- A garnish for margaritas
- Homemade Meatloaf
How to Pickle Jalapenos
Instant Pot jalapenos are so much easier to make than canning them the old-fashioned way!
- Put sliced jalapenos in the instant pot (freeze the stems for future soups and stews).
- Add water, vinegars, garlic, salt, sugar (if using), onion, and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Close the instant pot and heat until the pressure is achieved. Immediately release pressure with a quick release (or they may get too soft).
- Cool and pour into jars, cover with the prepared brine. Add extra vinegar to cover the jalapenos. Cover mason jars with mason jar lids to avoid finicky mason jar rings and lids!
- PRO TIP: Wear disposable gloves when slicing jalapenos to avoid the spicy oils getting into your skin.
- PRO TIP:
- PRO TIP: For less spicy jalapenos, remove some of the seeds while slicing them.
Storing Pickled Jalapenos
- Seal tightly and store them in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Use any time you want a tangy snack, an addition to a veggie tray, or add to guacamole, burgers, hot dogs, or even as a garnish on our smoked deviled eggs.
- Freeze whole jalapenos in zippered bags when your garden overproduces and make a batch of pickled jalapenos as you need them!
Other Recipes You Will Love!
- Homemade Jalapeno Poppers – tasty appetizer!
- Jalapeno Popper Quiche – spicy breakfast or dinner.
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Corn Muffins – perfect side.
Instant Pot Pickled Jalapenos
- Add sliced jalapenos to Instant Pot. Add water, vinegars, garlic, salt, sugar if using, onion flakes if using, and red pepper flakes if using. Stir.
- Close Instant Pot and set for 0 minutes** on high pressure. Once pressure is achieved, immediately release pressure by quick release.
- Cool slightly, transfer to jar, and cover with the brine. If not enough brine, add vinegar to cover. Refrigerate.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.