Take a bite of this tender and juicy chicken that will literally melt in your mouth!
Melt in your mouth parmesan chicken breasts are a light dish that’s ready in minutes! Protein-packed chicken breasts are smothered with a mayo and parmesan sauce, then topped with seasoned breadcrumbs and baked until golden. It’s a truly tasty main dish that’s simple enough for every day but elegant enough for company! And the leftovers taste fantastic as a salad topper, or chopped and made into a tasty chicken salad wrap or sandwich. Make a double batch of this easy entree, then use it all week long and create unique meal combinations.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Melt in Your Mouth Chicken recipe to your ENTREES Board!
What is Melt in Your Mouth Chicken?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are coated in a light and cheesy parmesan sauce and then topped with seasoned breadcrumbs and oven-baked to crispy perfection! Cooking chicken has never been easier! Bake a batch once and use it all week for dinners or top an energizing workday kale Caesar salad. Serve it with cheesy baked fennel or a red leaf salad with lemon vinaigrette, and a slice of homemade no-knead bread. Or slice and serve the chicken with a side of avocado toast for a light lunch.
Why We Love It!
- This recipe is deceptively easy to make and delivers delicious results!
- MIYM chicken always comes out juicy and tender with the right amount of flavor that makes any home cook look like a pro!
- Who doesn’t love recipes that can be prepped, cooked, and served in less than 30 minutes?
- This recipe uses affordable chicken breasts for a healthy protein that has multiple applications. So this recipe is sure to be on your shortlist of best chicken recipes ever!
What’s in MIYM Chicken?
CHICKEN: Choose chicken breasts that are about the same size so they cook at the same rate. Use this recipe to make melt in your mouth chicken thighs and drumsticks, too!
MAYONNAISE: Mayonnaise is an easy choice for helping infuse flavor into meats. Greek yogurt or sour cream can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise if desired.
TOPPING: Parmesan cheese and Panko with a little oregano and garlic powder give MIYM chicken a rich and tangy flavor with a crispy brown coating. Finely crumbled feta or bleu cheese can be substituted for parmesan to create a new flavor. For a keto topping, use crushed pork rinds. Change up the flavor profile and try a new DIY seasoning blend like Italian dressing mix, taco seasoning, or chili seasoning.
How to Make MIYM Chicken
Every home cook will love having this delish recipe that takes just a few steps to make perfect chicken every time!
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness and lay them in a casserole dish.
- Combine the mayonnaise and parmesan cheese, then spread it over the chicken breasts.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Bake until the chicken reaches 165°F and the topping is lightly browned.
PRO TIP: If the chicken reaches 160° to 162°F and the topping is not browned yet, place it under the broiler for about a minute.
- Keep leftover MIYM chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat leftovers on the stovetop, covered with foil in the oven, or in the microwave.
- Use leftover chicken in a creamy chicken salad, or add to some low-carb chicken wraps, cheesy chicken enchiladas, or a crack chicken casserole!
- Freeze cooled chicken in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks.
Other Easy Recipes!
- Shake n Bake Chicken – easy air fryer recipe.
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole – ready in under an hour.
- Chicken Fajitas – a fun and easy dinner idea.
- Sweet Chili Roasted Chicken – so full of flavor.
- Easy Poppyseed Chicken – delish casserole!
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness (about ¾-1 inch). Place chicken in a 9x13 inch casserole dish (or similar dish).
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and parmesan cheese. Spread evenly over the chicken breasts.
- In another small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and seasonings. Sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F. If chicken has reached about 160˚F - 162˚F and topping is not quite browned, broil for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate cooled leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days. Or freeze in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks.
- Reheat thawed MIYM chicken on the stovetop, covered with foil in the oven, or in the microwave.
- Use leftover chicken in a variety of recipes from salads to wraps.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
REPIN this Melt In Your Mouth Chicken recipe!
Adapted from My Food and Family
This was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly as written and honestly, won’t change a thing the next time I make it. Thank you for a tasty and quick dinner idea!
You’re so very welcome Cathy! ❤️
This chicken is so delicious! I love the zesty flavor it has. It’s so easy to make, too.
So happy to hear that you love the chicken!
I love the ease and flavor but, sometimes, the chicken breast are rubbery. What am I doing wrong?
I haven’t found the chicken to be rubbery. I suggest making sure that you do not overcook the chicken, cooking it to 165°F. Hope that helps Ginny!
My mouth is watering thinking about this dish.
our family loves this!! A quick deliicous go-to
So happy to hear that Sandy! We love it too!