Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a fancy entrée that’s a cinch to make!
This chicken parmesan casserole recipe is a hearty entree that is sure to become a family favorite. It’s fancy, but it’s super easy to make, and to clean up (just one dish!). Creamy cheese is mixed into a savory mix of chicken and pasta in a seasoned marinara. Then it’s all covered in a crispy topping, to add that extra special chicken parm texture and flavor we all love so much! So why not dine in style with this absolutely delicious Italian inspired entrée? It’s divine!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe to your ENTRÉES Board!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Celebrate at home with this elegant dinner!
- Seven ingredients, a topping, and it’s good to go in the oven.
- A simple, delicious way to impress a crowd! Everything is done in 4 steps!
- Assemble, cover, and bake later. Or bake, cover and refrigerate, and reheat later.
Ingredients and Variations
PASTA: Rotini is a thicker, heavier pasta that holds the sauce well, but so will penne, ziti, bowtie, or thicker spaghetti, like bucatini. For a keto version, use cauliflower or broccoli florets or chunks of zucchini or squash. Cook pasta, rice, or veggies al dente so they stay firm during the baking process.
TOPPING: A crispy topping starts with butter, cheese, panko, and a handful of seasonings. Crushed pork rinds can replace the panko breadcrumbs for a low-carb version. It’s a deliciously versatile recipe!
SAUCE: Jarred marinara and some extra tomatoes give this sauce a lot of depth. Use this Italian Dressing Mix for a fresher take.
PROTEIN: Cooked diced or shredded chicken is called for here, it’s a great way to use up leftovers! Chicken nuggets give the dish a little more crunch and save time instead of prepping fresh chicken. If using chicken tenders, be sure to pre-cook them before adding to the dish. Quickly sauté on the cooktop before slicing and adding to the casserole in Step 3. Out of chicken, even turkey will do!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Easy to prep and so delicious to eat, this one will end up in the recipe box for sure!
- Make topping and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente. Mix with some pasta sauce, chicken, diced tomatoes, seasoning, & parsley.
- Scoop chicken parmesan into prepared baking dish & sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. Cover with topping mixture & bake (per recipe below).
Serve with wedges of lemons for a refreshing tangy bite!
In a Crock Pot:
- Place a half cup of sauce on the bottom of a Crock Pot.
- Layer the chicken mix, then top with cheese and the topping.
- Slow cook for 2 hours on low or 1 hour on high.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan Casserole
For an extra crunch, scatter croutons on the top of the casserole before baking. Serve with a crispy salad like this Red Leaf Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and some toasted, thick slices of artisanal No Knead Bread.
Keep leftover chicken parmesan casserole in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Reheat portions on the stovetop before serving. Or, reheat portions in a casserole dish under the broiler until just heated through. Sprinkle on some fresh mozzarella cheese and make it brand new again!
Freeze in portioned containers with the date labeled on the outside up to 4 weeks. Thaw at room temperature and reheat in the microwave for school or work lunches.
Favorite Casserole Recipes
- Pulled Pork Tater Tot Casserole – great for leftovers!
- Chicken Broccoli Bake – healthy & low carb.
- Pierogi Casserole – savory simple meal!
- Ham And Pea Pasta Bake – hearty & heart-warming.
- Broccoli Chicken Divan – only 15 minute prep.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 2 quart (or 9x9) casserole or baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter. Add panko, parsley, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese and combine to make topping. Set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Toss with 2 cups pasta sauce, chicken, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and parsley.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then topping mixture.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and topping is browned.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
recipe from Spend With Pennies