This is a classy Chicken Broccoli Bake and it’s perfect for any day of the week!
Stuffed with chicken, broccoli, and a creamy cheddar cheese sauce, it’s a healthy, keto and low carb favorite recipe! A tasty chicken broccoli casserole like this one is hearty enough to satisfy big appetites, but fancy enough to serve when company’s coming over!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Chicken Broccoli Bake recipe to your DINNER Board!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Also sometimes called ‘classy chicken’ because for such an easy low-carb casserole, it’s still classy enough to take to a potluck, party, or picnic! Prepare to share the recipe!
- Chicken & broccoli casseroles are a delicious way to mix and match proteins, veggies, and sauces, especially for using up leftovers!
- This Chicken Broccoli Bake is the perfect combination of protein, veggies, and a flavorful cheese sauce that makes it a family favorite all year round!
What’s in Chicken Broccoli Casserole?
Chicken and broccoli bake is a home cook’s dream dinner because, in just a few steps, a different dinner can be made every night! Serve with a bright and tangy Red Leaf Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette, some Honey Cornbread Muffins, and an easy Homemade Peach Cobbler for dessert!
PROTEINS: Chicken has the mild flavor that works so well with the cream sauce,
VEGETABLES: Broccoli florets are the perfect pairing with chicken and strong cheddar cheese
CHEESY SAUCES: Campbell’s broccoli and cheese soup make the velvety sauce for this casserole, as does some full-fat mayonnaise, and lots of cheddar cheese!
PROTEINS: Steak bites, mini-meatballs, shrimp, even chunks of cooked salmon can be used in this recipe with the right veggies and cheesy sauce!
VEGETABLES: Asparagus spears, sautéed onions, sliced mushrooms, or yellow squash can be added to the dish for color and texture! Or cook half broccoli and half cauliflower for a vegetarian version.
CHEESY SAUCE: Try other creamy varieties of soup like cream of mushroom, chicken, celery, or even split pea!
MIX-INS: Cook the casserole with other ingredients like white or long-grain brown rice, quinoa, or pasta, like wide egg noodles, penne, macaroni shells, or thick spaghetti.
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Bake
An easy chicken & broccoli casserole has just a few easy steps:
- Sauté seasoned chicken.
- Steam broccoli until tender.
- Place steamed broccoli, then chicken in a casserole dish.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together and pour over top chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top & bake (per recipe below).
PRO TIP: Bacon bits can be added to the cheese before baking.
Can You Make Ahead?
This simple dinner is easy enough to assemble in advance and store in the refrigerator until it’s ready to be baked!
This easy chicken casserole will last for about 4 days in the refrigerator covered or in an air tight container. Reheat individual portions in the oven or microwave – a great idea for a workday desk lunch!
Casseroles can be frozen once they are fully cooled. They freeze better when the pieces are cut into smaller portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. They can be frozen up to 8 weeks for maximum freshness.
Other Easy Dinner Recipes To Try!
- Tater Tot Casserole – dinner in under an hour!
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew – set it and forget it dinner.
- Hamburger Foil Packets – best individual dinner packages!
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage – family favorite dinner.
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Gnocchi Recipe – delicious skillet dinner.
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole – easy hearty casserole!
Chicken Broccoli Bake
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 ½ pounds broccoli 4 crowns, about 8 cups, or asparagus (or 10 ounces frozen)
- 10 ounces cream of broccoli and cheese 1 can, or any condensed cream soup
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cut chicken into ½-1 inch pieces (bite sized). Season with pepper.
- In a large skillet, add oil and saute chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until just opaque.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli for about 4 minutes. Broccoli should still be crisp.
- Add broccoli to casserole dish. Add chicken on top.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, and lemon juice until well combined. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes. Serve with rice or potatoes.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
Adapted from Best of Bridge