This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Gnocchi recipe is made with deliciously soft and chewy gnocchi.
It’s a wonderfully savory dish that’s cooked in a skillet with tender chicken in a cheesy and creamy Alfredo-style sauce. This chicken and gnocchi recipe is easy to put together and has a taste like other delicious Tuscan chicken recipes that we all know and love!
Follow Our Zesty Life on Pinterest for more great recipes and ideas!
PIN this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Gnocchi Recipe to your MAIN DISH Board!
We Love This Gnocchi Chicken Skillet Recipe!
Let us count the ways that we love this Italian Gnocchi recipe!
- One – these creamy little potato pillows bathe in the best cheesy cream sauce with sautéed chicken— what’s not to love? Best of all they are super easy to make.
- Two- the taste of this skillet gnocchi is similar to Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup, but with homemade flavor that makes it even better!
- Three – Italian skillet chicken is made in one pot – the skillet – that means fewer dishes and easy cleanup.
- Four- all of this creamy sauce and dumplings is so satisfying.
How To Pronounce Gnocchi
Gnocchi (pronounced nyow-kee) is an Italian dish made with potatoes, flour, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, and various spices. It may look like pasta, however it’s more like a dumpling. Gnocchi are small, oval or round, and sometimes flattened with a fork. And cooking dishes with these tiny dumplings is easy – they can be baked, boiled, or fried. Soft and chewy, they are quite the delicacy!
Ingredients and Variations
GNOCCHI You can purchase prepackaged gnocchi at the grocery store. Or better yet, try making homemade gnocchi from scratch.
CREAMY SAUCE Tuscan gnocchi has the best sauce. Combined with spinach, cream, parmesan cheese, and sundried tomatoes it is a savory delight. Garlic, and even bacon, can be added for extra flavor.
CHICKEN BREAST Only 2-3 chicken breasts or 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of chicken is needed for this recipe. Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces, or sausage can be used as a substitute. Cook them in the skillet too, they’ll taste great.
How to Cook Skillet Gnocchi with Chicken
It’s super easy to make this dish:
- Cook the pieces of chicken in a skillet.
- Remove chicken & fry gnocchi with some onions.
- Add cream, broth, seasoning, spinach, & sundried tomatoes. Cover & simmer (per the recipe below).
- Then add the parmesan and basil and enjoy!
PRO TIP: Cook and serve in a large cast-iron skillet for added Mediterranean-style presentation!
Tips and Tricks
- If using pre-packaged gnocchi. add an extra ½ cup of broth. Then simmer gnocchi for 5 minutes instead of 3.
- Cook this dish in the Instant Pot. Saute chicken with onions, then add seasoning & broth. Deglaze the pan & turn off the sauté function. Cook chicken for 20 minutes. Vent, then stir in cream, spinach, & sundried tomatoes. Add the gnocchi. Don’t stir too much or they may break apart, especially if they are homemade. Seal the vent. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Gnocchi can be made in the Crock-Pot. Place the chicken with the seasoning, and the broth in the Crockpot. Cook for 4-5 hours. Add the Gnocchi with the cream and cook for another hour. Once this has finished cooking stir in the parmesan cheese and the fresh basil. Serve and enjoy.
What To Serve With This Tuscan Chicken and Gnocchi Recipe
Tuscan skillet chicken is amazing with pesto or broccoli. Try our or our Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, and definitely make the delicious pesto sauce found in this Bow Tie Pesto Pasta Salad and use it on everything from Tuscan Chicken Gnocchi to tasty Greek Pizza. This dinner needs some homemade crusty bread to soak up all that creamy sauce. Add a crunchy Vinaigrette Caesar Salad Recipe is surely going to be welcome at the table as well!
To the lucky cook that has leftovers, this skillet chicken will keep in the refrigerator for 4 days. It stays fresh in the freezer for 2 months. Tuscan chicken with gnocchi can be reheated in a skillet, on the stovetop, or even in the microwave for a quick and easy lunch or supper!
Delish Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Lemon Chicken – elegant entree!
- Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti Squash – healthy & delish.
- Chicken Broccoli Bake satisfying casserole.
- Roasted Chicken and Vegetables – one-pan meal!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into chunks (1-1½ pounds)
- ½ onion diced
- 1 pound gnocchi *
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes with oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons basil chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium heat. When hot, add chicken & cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan & set aside.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high, add gnocchi. Brown in the pan for 1-2 minutes. Add cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, spinach, tomatoes, and chicken. Scrape pan while mixing together. Reduce heat to simmer (medium to medium-low), cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add parmesan and basil and simmer for 1 minute, or until gnocchi is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients or garnish and is an estimate. It may change based on actual ingredients and cooking methods used.
©Our Zesty Life. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Inspired by The Recipe Critic